GENERAL PURPOSE: The Finance Manager will lead, direct, develop and coordinate all aspects for budgeting and monthly reporting of Transportation expenses that total $400M annually. Responsibilities will include variance explanations, financial reporting, finance support for transportation projects and ad hoc reporting. Requires solid understanding of transportation processes, financial accounting reporting standards and cost accounting techniques. The position is a heavy user of spreadsheets and PC database software for analysis purposes.
- Act as a liaison between Finance and Transportation Operations for accounting and financial matters. Provides financial analysis to Ross & dd’s Discount management team to assess performance and evaluate options. Provide financesupport in projects, bids and other ad hoc requests.
- Lead the generation of the yearly budget and 5 year plan including assumption building and presentation materials. Present yearly budget and 5 year plan to leadership team.
- Manage, develop, oversee and review weekly/monthly forecasts of Transportation expenses. Resolve all discrepancies and present variance results to leadership team.
- Manage the month close process including the review of monthly accruals for completeness and accuracy and providing variance explanations. Interact with corporate finance staff as required.
- Review and audit the data and tools used in supporting Transportation assumptions, forecasting methodology, and final results of weekly expense forecasts. Recommend improvements in monitoring and forecastingprocesses and tools.
- Provide decision support for leadership team with ad hoc analysis. Other duties as assigned.
- Recruit, train and develop finance team members.
- Analysis and Judgment
- Attention to Detail
- Business Acumen
- Drives Results
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS/BA in accounting or financerequired.
- 3 years of management experience.
- Prior experience with supply chain or logistics analysis highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills; confidently interact with senior personnel.
- Ability to thoroughly question the information provided by others in a non-adversarial manner.
- Understanding of budget preparation and variance analysis.
- Confidentiality concerning all projects.
- Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines and rapidly changing priorities.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Knowledge of accounting theory and strong mathematical skills.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in Project Management
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Financial Analysts (2)