Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: build a more efficient, clear and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
About the Role:
This role offers an opportunity to join a fun, talented, and growing FP&A team and work directly with the Sr Director of Finance to partner with our growing Technology/Engineering organization. This individual will support the Technology organization’s leadership team on all financial analytics, planning and reporting. S/he will drive decision support and employ technical acumen to automate reporting and drive continuous improvement. The best fit for this role is a person who is detailed oriented, analytically minded, interested in Tech, and an excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with people who possess a diverse set of talents.
What You’ll be doing:
- Act as a strategic finance partner to the G&A functions and assist in decision support
- Partner with the Technology team to forecast, plan, and report business activity and drivers.
- Develop and maintain robust understanding of Technology business drivers, metrics and scalability levers that drive both forecast and planning decisions.
- Communicate to executive team efficiently and concisely, while having a deep understanding of the underlying analysis and data.
- Develop metrics based approach to Technology expense management in concert with Leadership team for all key operating activities.
- Challenge status quo to drive insights and continuous improvement.
- Partner closely with recruiting and HR to lead headcount forecast
- Partner closely with accounting to ensure financialreporting accuracy and future financial implications of strategic decisions
- Present analyses and forecasts to senior business and finance leaders including the CTO.
About You (Requirements):
- 5-7 years of FP&A or equivalent experience
- BA/BS Degree
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; strategic and critical thinking.
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment. Intellectually curious yet reliable.
- Strong cross-functional experience in finance, accounting, and technology.
- Proven track record of success in prior roles. Advanced Excel knowledge and aptitude.
Preferences (nice to haves):
- Expertise in supporting a growing technology organization