Creating Experiences that Customers Love, for Life. This is the singular purpose of Jaguar Land Rover and is built around a focus to always put the customer first.
The Finance Manager will provide Finance support to the JLR Canada operations.
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly close process ensuring proper procedures and controls are in place for accurate and timely general ledger reconciliations and management reporting
- Manage and provide the procedures necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services
- Ensure that the corporate financial policies are followed in the conduct of business and are reflected in the presentation of the financials
- Monitor the accounting activity performed in the North American Regional Accounting department (USA) & input where necessary
- Provide strategic financial and process support to all cost center areas of the business.Meet with key business partners to review plans and actions to ensure plans are aligned with corporate objectives
- Manage & control all fixed cost expenditure (Fixed Marketing & Selling)
- Develop Cash Flow forecasts
- Develop management reporting and executive presentations of financial status for budget, forecasts and market reviews
- Develop off-line analysis to support risk and opportunity analysis against profit status. Liaise with operational teams to review model and derivative mix and optimise local market equation
- Liaison with internal, external and CRA auditors to ensure successful audits
- Ad-hoc requests from Executive Team
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field
- Certified Professional Accountant or equivalent
- 7 plus years experience in finance positions
- Ability to develop strong business relationships. Experience of business partnering with balance of challenge and supporting operation teams
- Self-starter; track record of working independently. Ability to deal with large volumes of complex data sets and report simple messages to management.
- Understanding and experience of corporate budgeting, controlling and reporting
- Automotive industry experience is a plus
- Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint – wide experience of preparing analysis and reports for senior management review
- Experience with SAP and Hyperion planning desirable.