The Finance Manager of the Office segment reports directly to the Director of Finance – Office segment. This position is responsible to perform and lead annual, quarterly and monthly reporting activities related withclosing, forecasting and budgeting; value-added financial analysis, financial bridges, variance explanations and ad-hoc reports and projects. In order to succeed, the candidate will utilize both relationship building and strong analytical skillsets to maintain current and develop new metrics and tracking systems to drive business effectiveness and efficiency. The position will have managerial responsibilities of two analysts. The idealcandidate must possess an intellectual inquisitiveness and assertive passion to move the business forward through insightful analyses to assist management in driving executive decisions for optimal results.
- Responsible for closing, forecast and budgeting process, providing financial analysis and variance explanations.
- Accountable for reporting and spending control in partnership with the SG&A departments.
- Implement reports and processes within the finance function improving the quality and timeliness ofreporting, insight and transaction processing.
- Support and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance to achieve financial and non-financial goals for the Office Segment.
- Drive continuous improvement in reports, process and procedures by establishing and maintaining highquality assurance standards and timeliness of the internal financial reporting.
- Perform research and analysis projects on an ad-hoc basis as needed.
- Comply with internal audit controls and policies.
- Provide oversight, development guidance and technical knowledge to other Finance team members.
- High level of interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills.
- Strong skills to prioritize and handle multiple tasks. Ability to work cross functionally in order to achieve desired results.
- Proficient to independently work in a fast-paced, fluid and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Attention to details are a must. Maintain a high level ofconfidentiality and professional skepticism.
- Ideal candidate will have a desire and willingness to grow beyond the advertised role, and at theappropriate time move to another role within finance or the broader Knoll organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of three to five years managerial experience; experience in leading a team
- Minimum seven to ten years of progressive finance experience in an organization of appropriate scale and complexity.
- Must have a high level of competency in Microsoft Excel, experience creating and delivering power point presentations.
- Knowledge of JDE and/or Oracle, Hyperion is a plus.