The Finance Manager is an experienced finance professional with broad knowledge of all accounting, financial, and business principles. This role is a strategic thinker and effective leader. This position will be responsible for assessing and improving the financial performance of the site in coordination with the Warrick Lead Team. The goal is to guide the site towards increasing profitability and long-term success.
The successful candidate will manage Warrick’s finance organization, provide financial expertise to the Lead Team, and assist in making strategic and operating decisions. The successful candidate will use outstanding communication, deep technical skills, manufacturing business knowledge, and finance best practices to help teams achieve business goals and objectives. The selected candidate will create value by providing financial leadership and strategic vision to the Lead Team. This role also oversees the people and processes who provide reliable and timely financial accounting information for the site, ensuring that the financial function complies with relevant policies and procedures, and is responsible for communicating financial results and improvement opportunities to the Lead Team as well as other Kaiser Aluminum executives and business partners.
Major Activities/Key Challenges:
- Serves as a business partner to the Warrick Lead Team to develop and implement business strategy.
- Determines profitable opportunities for the site and implements processes and systems to improve financial performance.
- Establishes working rapport with business partners across the company.
- Manages the forecasting, planning, reporting, closing, consolidation and analysis functions.
- Communicates financial results to business leaders to support decision-making.
- Manages Finance team with direct and indirect supervisory responsibilities including selection, hiring, training, performance evaluations, promotional recommendations and work schedules.
- Develops and documents internal controls and maintains accounting systems to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures and audit requirements.
- Ensures strict adherence to Kaiser Aluminum’s code of conduct and corporate policy.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Possess overall “big picture” mentality with strong attention to details.
- Identify and lead initiatives to close gaps from current performance to benchmark level.
- Manage numerous important competing initiatives.
- Work with customers at all levels of the organization, including the Warrick Lead Team and Kaiser Aluminum corporate partners.
- Create an environment where financial systems are used to accurately plan and deliver according to expectations.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in manufacturing environment with extensive experience in integrated manufacturing systems, including cost accounting, inventory management, and product profitability improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Strong interpersonal and managerial skills, with a self-motivated, team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex business problems in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, interact with and influence others in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated understanding and practical application of manufacturing costing.
- Demonstrated understanding and practical application of financial analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated understanding of general business operations.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- MBA and CPA or comparable professional certification.
- Experience with SAP, Oracle, and Hyperion.