- Assume responsibility for month-end and year-end close activities from balance sheet and cash account reconciliations to financial statement preparation.
- Participate in the creation of the annual budgets and monthly forecasts
- Prepare monthly financial package and submit timely to the Finance Director for review and approval in order to finalize reporting within the proper time frame for review.
- Assist Facility Managers and client to process monthly property financials
- Produce and analyze variance reports and performance metrics for business operations management teams.
- Maintain working knowledge of Master Services Agreement and any relevant amendments or appendices.
- Insure that all bank statements are reconciled on a timely basis and follow-up on all outstanding checks and reconciling items
- Perform or review reconciliation and true-up of funding vs. actual expenditures.
- Prepare and review properly documented journal entries.
- Prepare and track accruals and accrual entries.
- Budgets and Forecasts
- Assist with the calculation of fees (i.e. Management and Incentive)
- Identify and implement process re-engineering opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with both Jones Lang LaSalle Internal Audit and Client Accounting Services SAS 70 internal review standards.
- Perform complex financial analyses with minimal supervision, Cost Benefit Analysis, and sophisticated analytical tools.
- Communicates financial and operational performance results, and participates in the development of formal recommendations and presentations to client's leadership team and business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; an MBA is preferable
- Five years’ of relevant work experience.
- Basic understanding of real estate asset management, including fixed asset accounting for capital projects
- Can articulate various metrics to express cost savings such as P&L run rate, payback timing, Internal Rate of Return and NPV
- Highly organized with effective time management skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Understanding of and commitment to client services
- Ability to provide discrete and confidential handling of sensitive information
- At least five years of work experience in finance, accounting, or Real estate experience is preferred
- Comfortable working with large, complex data sets
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Experience with Edwards World or Edwards Enterprise One platforms is a plus.