AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019 and The Washington Post Top Workplaces in 2020.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Financial Planning and Analysis department provides analytical expertise across the organization, supporting day-to-day operations and contributing to projects encouraging innovation. You will work with our executive leadership and their teams to generate valuable insights from data and comprehensively understand business impact. You will work with and help lead a team of professionals to accomplish this and report to the Senior Director – Finance. In this dynamic role there is no typical day, but your work will focus on:
- Providing analytical and strategic support across the company’s overhead or operations departments.
- Managing reporting for quarterly investor calls, as well as monthly financial and operational reviews.
- Collaborating to refine and update models for community budgeting and forecasting.
- Coordinating with IT/Data Analytics to appropriately manage and curate our data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or another quantitative field required.
- Equivalent of four or more years of experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey critical information succinctly to senior management.
- A natural desire to solve novel problems and understand how complex systems interact.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including experience writing VBA and building complex models.
- Intermediate experience writing T-SQL/SQL in a professional context to query databases, as well as creating/maintaining your own objects.
- Operational understanding of statistical concepts, familiarity with R is a plus.
- Experience using data visualization platforms such as Power BI (preferred) or Tableau to communicate information.
- Professional experience with financial and accounting concepts.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work independently and manage other associates’ assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Potential to develop and coach other talented professionals.
- Experience with multifamily real estate is preferred, but not required.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.