The Manager within the Americas and Color Solutions finance team will be a key part in managing Ferro’s strategic long-term earnings, cash flow, and shareholder return. In addition the Manager will support improvements to processes and methodologies relating to finance activities and ensure these processes are carried out in an effective, controlled, and efficient manner.
- Responsible for compiling, consolidating, and presenting monthly, quarterly, reporting and detailed analysis for Americas and Color Solutions business. Provide insight to help maximize business results.
- Lead development and implementation of key processes (working capital, KPI reporting, etc.)
- Lead financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and analysis activities and coordinate inputs for a cross-functional team.
- Lead creation of presentation material presented to senior business leaders, BOD, audit committee, etc.
- Interpret financial and project data, variance analysis, and key business drivers to identify trends and make recommendations for improvement
- Analyze data for reasonableness & review variances by considering sources, current business activities and historical trends prior to releasing information to business stakeholders
- Support financial closing activities and provide post-closing analytics and reporting by coordinating with international accounting teams and Corporate FP&A
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting, analysis and presentations
- Drive financial modeling improvements to enhance forecasting and analytical processes
- Evaluate and own technology improvements and business process improvements
- Maintain compliance with Ferro’s Code of Business Conduct, policies and procedures, management systems, and all applicable Environmental, Health, Safety other regulations
- Act according to the Ferro’s Values & Behaviors
- Manage, guide and motivate your team to achieve stated business goals and objectives.
- Conduct performance evaluations to maximize your team's effectiveness (SMART goals, good communication, reviews, training and development).
- Participate with HR in other processes related to your team such as selection, promotion or compensation.
Required Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or other business discipline required
- MBA or CPA preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in an accounting/finance role with manufacturing experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in a manger level role
- High level of proficiency with Excel and financial modeling
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and presenting complex financial concepts to senior business leaders
- Experience with financial reporting and enterprise resource planning systems (SAP, BPC, and BW)
- A clear thinker with proven record to lead initiatives, solve problems and quick grasp of complex situation and new ideas
- Ability to coordinate forecasts, budgets, and financial projects requiring input from cross-functional teams
- Ability to work with regional finance leads and controllers to implement best practices
- Ability to analyze complex finance structures and understand economic drivers
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with management inside and outside the organization
- Ability to work under pressure and develop ad hoc, unstructured analysis
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ethical and credible, with ability to develop and maintain effective control mechanisms
- Flexible approach and self-motivated with strong team spirit