Experian Consumer Services ("ECS") provides millions of people in the USA with a spectrum of products that help manage their financial lives, protect their identities and assets, and access financial services. ECS is a high-visibility business unit that is strategically important to Experian's leadership and stakeholders, and at $800M+ annual revenue, is also one of the largest divisions within the company
The successful candidate will be accountable for the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Manage financial plans and forecasts for significant revenue and cost components of the business. Provide ongoing visibility to performance vs. expectation and support management in identifying and managing risks and opportunities.
- Provide decision support and thought leadership to the business teams in commercial matters spanning marketing, pricing, product, sales, and other strategic initiatives. Develop analytics to leverage data and identify key insights and opportunities. Challenge business partners, as needed, to drive better decisions.
- Partner effectively with business teams to drive performance in excess of management expectations. Proactively engage and build strong relationships with the business teams to stay connected on strategies and initiatives.
- Deliver ongoing reporting, analytics, and insight on performance metrics to benchmark progress against targets, initiatives, and strategies. Drive meaningful action to optimize results.
- Execute periodic close responsibilities including revenue and cost accounting critical to capturing business results. Maintain a strong control environment while helping the business to be nimble and efficient in decision-making and execution.
- Partner effectively across the Consumer Service's finance team to support on business initiatives and internal information requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement and seek to optimize efficiency and customer value in all financial processes and business support functions.
- Assume central role in improving and automating reporting to adapt to business model and technology platform changes. Collaborate with the business intelligence team to enhance data and metrics accessible through the technology platform.
EOE Including Disability /Vet
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or other analytical field. MBA, CPA, or relevant Master's degree preferred
- 6 - 10 years of progressive financial experience
- Deep business unit and commercial experience with proven results required
- Experience within ecommerce and/or subscription business models preferred
- Proven track record as a successful business partner
- Strong competence in developing financial models for complex business scenarios
- Excellent skills in data analytics with the ability to draw concise insights from large sets of data
- Ability to effectively balance detail orientation while maintaining accuracy and developing sound recommendations
- Strong presentation and communication skills. Ability to convey complex issues in a simple manner
- Ability to provide compelling recommendations and influence key stakeholders
- Strong skills with financial systems and business intelligence tools. Expert level skills in Excel required. Experience with Oracle, Hyperion, Cognos, and Tableau preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement and solve problems in a team environment. Experience leading improvement efforts in finance
- Highly motivated self-starter who manages projects end-to-end and has a demonstrated track record of getting results, organizing, and prioritizing deadlines
- Ability to multi-task several important priorities simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills. Ability to have fun and bring a sense of humor to work.
- High degree of integrity and strong backbone