$100K — $150K *
Provide financial support to the Chief Financial Officer and department leadership in the development of strategic, financial and operation plans.
Provide support to the Finance department in management of the department's financial reporting, planning, leadership and business consulting support to enable the entity leadership team to make wise decisions and accomplish its access, quality, service and operating goals.
Staff development including recruitment, performance management, development and retention of team members. Easily accessible to staff members and trains users of financial systems. Functions as the Director of Finance in his/her absence.
Supervises professional level and support level staff.
• Perform key financial planning services include results reporting, performance analysis, program evaluation (pro forma), budgeting and forecasting, and modeling while promoting effective and efficient controls. Manages the production and distribution of monthly financial reports.
• Monitor daily business transactions, accounting activities including accounts payable/accounts receivable processing, payroll processing, monthly variance analysis, CER facilitation, contract management, billing compliance and other duties for respective agency in conjunction with state and federal rules and regulations. Prepares semiannual incentive payments template worksheet for COO and Chair completion
• Budget and Operations Planning and Analysis - development, implementation, and facilitation of capital and operating budgets using system-wide standards and processes.
• Prepares internal financial statements accurately and in a timely manner. Presents financials to departmental leadership on a monthly basis. Works closely with faculty division/program chiefs on monthly income statements. Works closely with Manager of Grants and Contracts to be sure University Accounts are managed accurately and appropriately.
• Analyzes variance between actual data in comparison to budget. Prepares written variance explanations for financial statements.
• Functions as a liaison with the regulatory agencies in preparation for the Quarter and Annual Financial Audits, in preparation of the 990, Cost Report, JCAHO and Medicare Audits, as well as participates on the Project Management Team and CQI Team.
• Facilitate operational changes on various projects to ensure successful financial outcomes.
• Assures direct reports follow all policies and procedures regarding the processing of data and management of information.
• Works closely with entity finance staff on purchased services IET, programmatic support IET, shared risk programs and related matters
• Supervises support staff in the finance office and assures technology is utilized for maximum accuracy and efficiency
Bachelor's degree in Business, Administration or Finance or similar discipline And 5+ years of experience in , within a financial setting; 1 year of which was in a management/supervisor role. Thorough knowledge of healthcare accounting preferably in an academic environment.
Master's Degree MBA or MS in Accounting/Finance And
Reporting and budgeting of revenue management; fiscal management
Basic Understanding of data analytics reports and report language
Ability to learn and efficiently use other finance systems
Knowledge of Hyperion Software (Essbase), (Hyperion Planning); EPIC; Lawson
Valid through: 11/11/2021