H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced Finance Manager, Corporate FP&A, to lead a team and support the annual financial planning and management reporting processes, based in St. Paul, MN. This position supports growth in sales and profitability by providing processes and systems to give analytical insight to business leaders for managing and making decisions, planning and understanding actual business results. The Finance Manager, Corporate FP&A collaborates closely with Executive leaders, Finance leaders, divisional FP&A teams and business partners for all commercial business segments, global administrative functions, global sourcing, and global operations to support and drive business growth.
This position has two direct reports and collaborates indirectly with all Regional FP&A managers throughout the organization.
The Finance Manager will focus on activities related to financialreporting, forecasting, and analysis, business partnership, continuous improvements, and team leadership.
Financial Reporting, Forecast and Analysis (50%)
- Support and enable the corporate financial planning and reporting process at H.B. Fuller including monthly forecasting, reporting and operating review processes along with the annual planning and strategy cycles.
- Manage the monthly forecast process including analytical tools and presentations to further enhance business insights. Must demonstrate analytical prowess, strategic thinking and a command of the details.
- Lead the annual planning process for the corporation. Monitor ongoing results against the plan to ensure growth and alignment with the business strategy.
- Develop standardized management reporting, performance indicators and dashboards for the corporation and major functional areas in collaboration with the Finance Systems team.
- Play a key role in setting the strategic direction for H.B. Fuller’s financial systems infrastructure in partnership with the Finance Systems team, including Business Intelligence, Hyperion Financial Management and Adaptive Insights.
- Serve as a strong partner with the business financial partners, business leaders and operational accounting roles serving as a key information bridge, including support for monthly executive operational reviews and analysis required for the Board of Directors and executive committee meetings.
- Provide monthly variance analysis and signals key messages from the data.
Business Partnership (15%)
- Work closely with divisional finance leaders and FP&A teams throughout the organization to effectively lead the H.B. Fuller annual strategy, planning and reporting cycle.
Continuous Improvement (20%)
- Hold self and others accountable for forecast accuracy, continuous improvement and delivering results
- This position will play a key role in collaboration and leadership within the global finance function and broader H.B. Fuller community to implement standardized global processes to leverage efficiency and improve effectiveness.
Team Development, Collaboration and Management (15%)
- Hire, train and develop high performing Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team members with the goal of becoming a source for high performing finance talent for the broader H.B. Fuller finance function. Work proactively to create and sustain an engaged team.
- Regular communication with key stakeholder groups to ensure objectives and processes are aligned and that priorities are redirected as changes occur.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area (Accounting, Finance, Business, etc.) required; MBA preferred with CPA or CFA also preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- 5+ years of finance management experience.
- Based in St. Paul, MN.
- Experience in financialreporting, forecasting, and planning, ideally with prior experience working in a Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team at the individual contributor or manager level.
- Possess a strategic approach, sound business judgment, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, financial analysis, and commercial finance concepts.
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills to coach, motivate, and develop geographically dispersed teams.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills to ensure accurate preparation and reporting of financial results.
- Effective leading in complex and ambiguous situations.
- Experience in designing and implementing strong processes and systems in complex organizations.
- Fluent in English
- PreferredQualifications include: Experience with Hyperion Financial Management, Adaptive Planning, and Business Intelligence tools; and Multiple language skills preferred, Spanish or Portuguese a plus.
- 10 to 20% travelrequired throughout the year.