Responsible for managing the capital expenditure planning process and provides financial support for the Real Estate Construction Facilities division by coordinating the budget and projection process, analyzing, evaluating, and interpreting the Real Estate Construction Facilities financial P & L and Balance Sheet performance. Conducting financial analysis for Real Estate Construction Facilities processes, expense variances, new business, capital expenditure, projects and any other business related area that requires financial guidance and support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for managing the capital expenditure planning process for all areas of the company
- Working very closely with the Real Estate Construction Facilities division in the following areas: Coordinates with all levels of Real Estate Construction Facilities management to gather, prepare, analyze, and summarize annual budgets, financial plans, new business planning, trended future requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Collect and distribute required data to complete budgets, financial plans, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
- Establishes databases of pertinent information for use in preparing management reports and analyzing financial results, future plans, projections, and forecasts.
- Some types of reports required: Design and develop capital forecast report Design, develop, and maintain Real Estate scorecard Design, Develop, and maintain Site Profitability report
- Assist in the coordination and integration of the corporate annual financial business plan assumptions into the Real Estate Construction Facilities budgets.
- Analyze, interpret, and provide guidance and recommendations for expense and capital variances, trends, and relationships to plan and history.
- Analyze development costs Soft costs, building costs, site costs, land costs, and change orders Stratify by area Preferred development vs. self-development
- Analyze Rent History Review and advise period by period analysis
- Work together with corporate administrative departments, through continuous analysis, to assure that the retail division is provided with the most cost effective overhead expenses.
- Breakdown of Administrative and Capital Budgets by Department Heads Trend and comparative analysis for Utilities, Maintenance Repairs, and Trash Removal
- Conduct studies to analyze financial proposals for capital expenditures, new business, and follow-up results and provide guidance and interpretation.
- Sales Lease back Analysis Lease Renewal - Sensitivity analysis REC approval package and sensitivity analysis for new, relocations, and expansions Lease vs Buy analysis
- Provide financial analysis for processes to maximize productivity and assure the most cost effective methods in servicing the retail stores.
- Provide financial support and assistance where necessary for the installation of new I.T. systems that pertains to or effects the Real Estate Construction Facilities division.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Responsible for the administration of, guidance for, and mentoring of the direct reports to this position
- This position has one budgetfinancial analyst direct report
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors of Science degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited four year college or university.
- Three to five years of real estate ROI proforma financial analysisexperience.
- Aftermarket auto parts business experiencepreferred.
- MBA preferred.
- Advanced level Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access PC skills a must.
- Familiarity with AS400, PeopleSoft, Hyperion and some basic programming a plus.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals or technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of senior management, department heads, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.