We are looking for a strategic finance business partner to join the Cloud Sales Finance Team. The team’s mission is to provide trusted and insightful financial information to enable the executive leadership teams to make effective decisions in maximizing VMware’s ROI. This team also has a strong focus to enhance the quality, efficiency, and scale of financial information produced. This highly visible person will require the ability to form strong business partnerships with sales leaders across the Sales organization to effectively execute and support the Company’s objectives to transition to the Cloud. This person will be responsible for communicating and presenting key insights and recommendations to Finance leadership team. Here’s a summary of this opportunity:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Business Partner with the Cloud Sales Teams by building positive relationships with Cloud Sales, Sales Finance, Operations, and GBU Finance.
- FP&A Lead in handling Sales budget. Oversee all business planning initiatives in collaboration with the Geo and Sales finance teams.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in bookings & revenue forecasting, reporting, and analysis.
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Success, and Finance teams to provide insight on Revenue actuals and forecasts.
- Inspiring leader driving metrics for enhanced business monitoring & growth visibility.
- Strong communicator, collaborating on business performance evaluations with business leaders to build effective strategies and operating plans, with focus on execution. Strength in succinctly explaining transactions and business impact to VMware Senior Executives.
- Partner with finance team in Bulgaria to prepare financial packages.
- Financially accountable professional ensuring financial controls/compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Economics and MBA (or equivalent experience) required.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in financial reporting and analysis, with a strong record of career progression
- 3+ years of recent experience working for High Technology companies in the Fortune 500 (with prior experience in software companies being a major plus).
- Excellent social skills along with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Inventive, insightful, and willingness to grow.
- Ability to lead diverse cross functional teams to solve complex and ambiguous problems.
- Track record of showing leadership in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Hands-on ability with analytical tools & systems. Experience in SAP HANA, Hyperion, and dealing with large datasets from databases.
- Expert Proficiency in Excel, solid experience with PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication. Able to distill and present complex financial analysis into recommendations that are easily understood by Sr. management.
- Strong social and leadership skills to influence and build credibility with finance and business leaders.
- Confirmed experience leading, managing, and developing a team.
- Highly motivated, hands on person who is detailed oriented and meticulous.
- Excellent analytical skills with proven ability to develop analytical vision and persuade leaders using sound financial evidence to support changes.