Reports to: CEO/President
Summary: Plans and directs financial activities of the organization by analyzing data and reporting to senior managers with advice on profit-optimization and determining necessary costs to reduce expenditures within the organization.
- Leads all core financial planning and analysis processes to ensure predictability, accountability and high performance for a small $25MM (~100 employees) automotive metal stamping company.
- Delivering value added business analysis that supports the leadership team in identification of opportunities to improve revenue, profits, cash and overall business goals and objectives.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating, plan, and modeling tools.
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants, accountants and Controller.
- Perform quarterly and monthly financial reporting.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in business programs as well as new projects.
- Support strategic initiatives.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Prepare presentations to Management Team.
- Prepare/Maintain all department monthly budgets.
- Recommend to upper management the best practices for saving on dollars spent on a monthly basis.
- Provide company's financial institution reports as required.
- Accountable for the year end audit and physical inventory.
- Facilitate the maintenance of lowest possible inventory.
- Supervises, verifies and analyzes the monthly balance sheet, income statements and financial statements.
- Maintain daily financial responsibilities.
- Submit financial statements to owners.
- Establish, or recommend to management, major economic objectives and policies for company.
- Prepare reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Direct preparation of budgets.
- Arrange for audits of company's accounts.
- Oversee reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Interface with other departments to meet DSC goals.
- Provide cost justification for expenditures.
- Generate weekly reports to President on goals and activities.
- Commits to the implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of Quality and Environmental Management systems.
- MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversee all A/R and A/P operations.
- Manage all cash activities.
- Oversee payroll activities.
- Manage all bank accounts and credit card accounts.
- Monthly QOS reports.
- Must have automotive manufacturing experience.
- Strong accounting background with minimum 5 years-experience as related to above indicated responsibilities
- Experience working with Visual or similar
- Bachelor's Degree
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Finance, Accounting or related field from four-year college or university; or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.