We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Manager of Finance is a partner to the Corporate Risk Management and Internal Audit organizations at Schwab and provides financial oversight, decision support and FP&A to these functions.
The Corporate Risk Management organization provides an integrated risk management strategy that supports delivery of predictable financial and operational performance. CRM is organized around six primary functions: Deposit, Payments, & Retail Credit Risk Management; and Bank ERM, Enterprise Risk Management Program Office, Information SecurityRisk Management, Market and Investment Risk, Model Risk Management and Operational Risk Management.
The Internal Audit Department provides independent and objective assessments concerning Schwab's control processes, acting as a third line of defense in identifying, measuring, monitoring, and controlling risks, in support of Schwab's Vision and Strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate annual budgeting and ongoing forecasting (expense & personnel)
- Lead monthly close review process around expenses, personnel and related metrics
- Produce monthly/quarterly/annual financialreporting packages
- Support benefit analysis for business cases
- Relationship building / thought partnership with business line SVPs and VPs
- Help drive business decisions or influence the future direction of a business line
- Perform otherfinancialreporting needs as required by the business, ad-hoc analysis and projects
What you have:
- 2-3 years of related Financial Planning & Analysis or similar experience
- Prior financial industry experiencepreferred but not necessary
- Demonstrated proficiency in financial planning and reporting application; experience with PeopleSoft, Business Objects, and IBM Cognos TM1 Planning a plus
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to build relationships and interact with many different audiences and levels of management
- Demonstrated track record of managing several projects simultaneously
- Ability to synthesize data and summarize findings into effective presentations
- Ability to quickly analyze issues and present workable solutions that are in the best interest of our business partners
- Articulates views in a clear and concise manner
- Highly motivated, engaged, self-starter
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life