What's in it for you?
When you join Celestica, it's more than just a job. It's about being part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about what they do every day, and contributing to our forward thinking and collaborative solutions for our teams and customers.
- Manages a team of finance and accounting professionals; provides leadership, coaching, and development.
- Responsible for hiring, assigning work, reviewing performance and addresses performance issues.
- Develops relevant policies, procedures and business controls; develops and implements business controls and procedures to minimize or comply with audit recommendations, and is responsible for finance the results. Also provides guidance to management on accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and objectives.
- Manages the audit, compliance and external reporting processes.
- Acts as a liaison to federal, state, insurance, banking and other external auditors.
- Provides information to consultants responsible for external financial reporting.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of financial management.
- Cost Accounting experience preferred.
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing industry is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of basic computer applications and the ability to learn multiple applications specific to the department including ERP and office systems. (Prior SAP experience a strong asset.)
- Strong knowledge of global business environment and customers' business.
- Good understanding of integrated business applications
- Good negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively lead, manage, train and motivate a diverse group of employees.
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure their timely and accurate completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers
- In-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting and financial principals and procedures.
- Ability to apply mathematical, statistical and financial operations to complete tasks and solve complex problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external customers and other functions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete duties while working with a large volume of detailed information under tight time deadlines, and present to management in term of comprehensive summary
- Ability to manage projects utilizing basic management techniques
- Duties of this position are performed in a normal office environment
- Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data
- 7 - 10 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree, or consideration of an equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA/Accounting designation a strong asset