The Finance Manager will perform all accounting for Captive Insurance Co. including but not limited to the following: Presenting financial results to executive leadership Accounting entries Coordination and oversight of vendor support
Oversight of audit, forecasting, budgeting, capital plan Report directly to executive leadership Oversee and manage relationship with outsourced vendor partnership for Accounting for Affordable Care Act Engage in Corporate projects to ensure accounting and controls are in place for new services/products related to individual (and similar) insurance products
Support for Intercompany Governance workgroup coordination and reporting Support of data submission and attestations to CMS for EDGE Server and financial payments. Support for Intercompany Governance workgroup coordination and reporting
Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and leading assigned area; primary responsibilities include development, planning, and leadership; operate within broad objectives to ensure optimum utilization of capital, manpower, and equipment for the assigned business unit.
- Manage activities of assigned area including but not limited to planning, problem solving, staff development and communication.
- Manage professional, exempt, and non-exempt non-bargaining and bargaining unit employees. Provide leadership to staff on Master Labor agreement.
- Execute function/area objectives that support continuous improvement.
- Responsible for timely and accurate communication of financial results to various internal and external audiences.
- Identify relevant performance metrics and measures supporting department and divisional strategic objectives.
- Provide effective and efficient solutions to complex business problems.
- Develop, monitor and revise operational policies and procedures to maintain sound business practices and adequate internal controls in assigned area.
- Responsible for special projects and/or problem resolutions.
- Provide high level oversight and leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Master's Degreepreferred.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years' experience in related field and demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Certification (CPA, CMA, CFM) preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of company operations, including functions, activities and systems.
- Ability to work under general direction and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with multiple priorities and certain deadlines.
- Working knowledge of financial transactions flow and their financial statements impact.
- General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP).
- Proficient in current industry standard PC applications and systems (e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.