$80K — $90K + medical, vision, and dental life, ad&d, short, and long-term dis *
About Ambow Education Inc.-Shared Services (AESS)
The ever-changing landscape of higher education provides great opportunities to seek better ways to serve students, faculty, and staff. Ambow Education Inc. Shared service is pursuing such opportunities to redefine the way higher education operates and serves its community. We are looking for visionary, innovative, and strategic thinkers to help build, from the ground up, a best in class shared service organization. Our goal is to deliver cost effective operational services, first class customer/user experiences and valuable insight into business performance.
Ambow Education successfully acquired Bay State College (Boston, MA) in 2017 and NewSchool of Architecture & Design (San Diego, CA) in 2020. In 2020, Ambow Education Inc.(AESS) was formed to provide Shared Services (IT, HR, Finance & FA) to its member institutions. As an integral part of the shared services team, the position engages with a variety of individuals and diverse student community.
The Finance Manager interacts with all levels of the College Staff and outside vendors. The individual will provide operational and financial management support to all Staff and Faculty across multiple colleges. This position will play a pivotal role in reviewing financial transactions, ensuring accuracy of the general ledger, monitoring budgets, reconciling data, and producing financial reports. This position requires great attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. The individual will collaborate and support a highly matrixed environment and reporting directly to the Director of Finance-Shared Services.
· Financial Planning & Analysis – manage and coordinate the annual budget and periodic forecasting, management reporting, and financial reviews.
· Oversee finance department’s daily operations, monthly, quarterly, and annual close.
· Lead audit for GAAP, SOS, and FSA.
· Monitoring cash flow and approving payments and disbursements.
· Produce and review financial reports including monthly intercompany balance sheet and income statement eliminations and consolidation.
· Assist and lead process improvement projects to automate and streamline current accounting and reporting procedures to maximize the contribution to strategic business goals.
· Coordinate and fulfill reporting requests from the parent company.
· Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required.
· Master’s degree and CPA are preferred.
· 3-5 years of experience in higher education preferred.
· Dynamics Business Central and Great Plains experience required.
· Experience with intercompany activities and management.
· A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
· Strong auditing experience required.
· Demonstrable evidence of innovative and progressive thinking, which has effected positive change.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, written, and presentation skills.
· Ability to interact with departments outside of Finance & Accounting.
· Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced and continually improving the environment, with ownership of processes from beginning to completion.
· Bilingual language is a plus and Mandarin is preferred.
· Supervision is required.
· Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 to 15 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Stooping and bending the body downward and forward.
· Normal office conditions. Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
· Travel is primarily local during the business day. May require travel to other locations occasionally.
Benefits and Perks
· Medical, Vision, and Dental
· Life, AD&D, Short, and Long-Term Disability
· Paid Vacation Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
The College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Valid through: 6/14/2021