AWS Finance seeks a world class Finance Manager to be a key member of its team supporting AWS Database Services team in the Palo Alto office. This position will work closely with finance management as well as key business partners across the AWS organization to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership for growing AWS Database businesses, such as RDS and Analytics.
This position will own processes to increase visibility into tracking and improving operational efficiency for services across our relational database and Analytics portfolio. Additional responsibilities include business and financial forecasting, various weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting, and ad-hoc business analysis support.
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling and analytical background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills.
· Engage with cross-functional stakeholders to understand opportunities to improve free cash flow and influence business decisions by driving operational efficiency
· Provide deep analytics and communicate effectively to senior business team leaders
· Take the lead in financial planning and analysis; building complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance, including short and long range financial/operational forecasts, and communicating results to senior management
· Develop and standardize financial reports
· Analyze new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change
· Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics or a related field
· 6+ years of relevant work experience with increasing levels of responsibility, with a heavy emphasis on analytics and cross-functional team collaboration
· MBA or MS in Finance or a related field
· Advanced Excel modeling and analytical skills
· Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment with competing deadlines
· Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
· Advanced financial modeling, capital management and/or P&L analysis experience
· Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
· Track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
· Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
· Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
· Experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos), SQL and Data warehouse.
Job ID: 609728