Safe. Trusted. Respected. Aecon Civil is a market leader with a self-perform competitive advantage and core local strength in key markets. We’re proud of our work helping to expand and improve Canada’s infrastructure and transportation networks, and we’re ready to build the future of our country. With over a century of experience, and the ability to offer diverse, comprehensive services, Aecon is a preferred contractor for our clients. This includes numerous public entities and Public-Private Partnerships in Canada and abroad.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the financial and administration including reporting, budgeting, forecasting and day-to-day transactions to ensure that the financial objectives are met and accounting procedures are carried out. This is a site-based position, assigned to a major project in Golden, British Columbia.
- Oversight of finance activities within a project which includes financial reporting, budgeting, taxation & treasury.
- Coordinate the close off process and prepare monthly & yearly financial statements, related schedules & notes for the project in line with project agreements.
- Setup & manage all treasury functions of the project.
- Prepare project cash flows & actively manage cash for the project.
- Develop, implement & manage adequate internal control procedures.
- Perform monthly cost reviews along with project management team & assist in developing Estimated Cost at Completion (ECAC).
- Coordinate & manage internal and external audits.
- Coordinate the preparation & filing of tax returns (retail & income) & manage tax audits.
- Perform accounting research, make recommendation, provide financial support and advice (including interpretation of accounting policies) to management on business cases.
- Enhance finance processes to achieve financial goals and improve efficiency and profitability.
- Mentor & develop finance team.
- Support preparation of financial presentations & analyses for the leadership team.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analyses (including “what-if” scenario analysis) as required to support business partners.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- 7+ years of professional finance experience, preferably in the Construction industry.
- Degree in Accounting or Business Management required.
- Canadian accounting designation - CPA required.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and percentage of completion accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a leadership capacity.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Strong knowledge of financial management is required.
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a self-managed team structure.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment within a small team.