Assist in the direction and administration of the business unit financial operations. Manage and coordinate multiple activities within highly matrixed organization related to cost estimating, financial analysis, sales and profit forecasting, indirect budget planning, cash flows, bookings and other financial metrics.
- Manage and coordinate monthly financial operations for assigned sector providing a broad range of financial services to support financial operations and performance monitoring.
- Develop performance forecasts for bookings, sales, and contract profit for financial reporting and for performance monitoring and brief management on any variances.
- Develop indirect cost budgets for the business element and provide timely analysis of actual performance. Prepare performance variance analysis.
- Work with project accounting to ensure projects are setup timely and accurately, and revenue recognition aligns with contractual terms and conditions.
- Interface with Operations Managers, Contract Managers and the senior Strategic Business Unit (SBU) leadership
- Participate in business element business and business development planning.
- Prepare cost proposal support for proposal as assigned.
- Assist with cash collection, researching unbilled balances and working with various stakeholders to ensure billings are current and any invoices issues are resolved timely.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
CAN ALSO BE LOCATED IN GERMANTOWN, MD
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting and at least 5 years of job related experience or equivalent.
- Experienced in financial analysis and demonstrated command of basic accounting concepts.
- Costpoint and Cognos experience required.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Medium to advanced Excel skills (V-Lookups, Pivot tables, SUMIF, etc).
- Excellent organizational skills, a proactive spirit to resolve issues quickly and the ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Position may require travel.
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- CPA, MBA, PMP, Lean Six Sigma
- Hyperion Planning, Essbase