Who we are:
Adore Me is a disruptive e-commerce startup revolutionizing thelingerie industry by creating fast-fashion, affordable, inclusive intimates – you could say we're the online Zara of lingerie.
Adore Me is ranked #9 on Crain's Fast 50 list of fastest-growing companies in New York, ranked three times on the Inc. 500 list ofthe fastest-growing private companies in America, including the #2 fastest growing retail company in the U.S. in 2015. Founded in 2012 with the ambition to disrupt the industry to its core.
We "ADORE" what we do!
We are more than just a team: we're a community of energetic, goal-oriented, creative thinkers and doers. We're dedicated toempowering women, starting with changing the way women think about and shop for lingerie. We do this by following our mission toprovide facts, challenging each other to grow and innovate, minding the details, and caring strongly for each other and what we do.
We're eccentric but focused; free-spirited, but motivated; purpose driven, but fun; unpretentious, but always pushing ourselves toperform exceptionally. Our rapid growth is a testament to these qualities paired with our constantly nurtured environment ofinnovation, creativity, and restlessness.
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Manager, FP&A to join the finance team. This is a high-profile role working for a fast-growing startup on a small finance team with a tremendous opportunity for growth. You will be responsible for leading FP&A for the E-commerce, Retail, and Wholesale business units of Adore Me. You will work withbusiness leaders to identify and interpret issues/opportunities and build/maintain models and stress-test assumptions associated withproposed strategies. This is an amazing opportunity to join a vibrant and talented team of individuals who thrive in a culture ofinnovation and creativity. The FP&A Manager will report to theCFO.
What will you do?
- Lead budgeting, financial forecasting, reporting, cash flow analysis, financial modeling, and annual audit process for all Adore Me business including, corporate, e-commerce, retail, and wholesale.
- Work closely with the Senior Accountant to ensure proper controls and checks and balances in Finance and throughout the business.
- Lead and execute month-end and quarter-end variance analysis.
- Assist CFO in the development of efficient policies and procedures for the Finance team, including preparing process guideline documents.
- Finance liaison for all corporate development activities such as product launches, retail/wholesale expansion, marketing, partnerships, and supply chain efficiencies through quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Drive key financial insights and analytics for the business tomake sound financial and strategic decisions.
- Perform capital expenditure and working capital analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business,
- Analyze financial performance to optimize resource deployment, including capital, liquidity & expense dollars.
- Analyze and interpreting financial data; transferring that data into meaningful and focused information and reports to drive performance results and action
- Advise CEO/CFO on areas of growth and investment for thebusiness opportunity evaluations.
What skills do you have?
- BA/BS in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics from a top university
- 3-5 years solid finance experience in investment banking / corporate finance or within the finance team of an e-commerce company
- Analytical and strategic mindset, always looking to deep dive into the figures and challenge the numbers
- Extremely strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, with experience building financial models and preparing slide decks that clearly convey analysis and conclusions
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability towork independently, while also able to build strong internalrelationships and build consensus on critical initiatives
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, have strong organizational, project management, communication and leadership skills tomeet strict deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a constantly changing fast-growing start-up environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with theability to clearly convey recommendations and conclusions tosenior leadership
1) BA/BS from a Top University 2) Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment with the ability to self manage. 3)Analytical mindset. 4)Advanced Financial Modeling 5)Retail experience a plus