X-Rite, recognized as one of "West Michigan's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For", is looking for a Finance Manager- Accounting Processes to join the team in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Finance Manager will manage accounting processes including revenue recognition, accounts payable, fixed assets, cash management and cash application. The position will oversee and support the staff handling the critical day-to-day activities in these areas. The position will develop and implement improvement opportunities in financial processes and controls as well as enhance procedures and documentation.
Essential Job Functions: 1. Lead the teamresponsiblefor accounting processes.
a. Establish and monitor staff workload.b. Develop organizational talent including use of functional key performance indicators, individual development plans and career plans.c. Monitor performance and opportunity for improvement through the use of publicly displayed process metrics.d. Interview, select, train and coach staff members.
2. Oversee month-end closing process for U.S. accounting processes.
a. Ensure timely completion of all month-end related activities, including review for necessary accruals and intercompany transactions.b. Ensure completion of all internal controls related to accounting processes, including approval of manual journal entries, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and review of financial statements of U.S. entities.
3. Oversee the management of cash received by the company.
a. Ensure timely and accurate recording of cash against customer accounts.b. Monitor cash receipts from lockboxes, credit cards and other electronic transfers.c. Investigate and resolve cash that is unable to be applied to a customer account.d. Monitor and manage cash balances in various functional currencies.e. Review and approve financialtrades of currencies to minimize currency exposure.
4. Oversee accounts payable and fixed assets.
a. Ensure timely and accurate recording of accounts payable invoices.b. Ensure appropriate adherence to capital authorization policy for fixed assets.c. Capitalize and commence depreciation on in-service, fully-constructed assets.
5. Manage the revenue recognition process for customercontracts, includingsales under service, warranty and softwarecontracts.
a. Record journal entries necessary to ensure timely and appropriate recognition under U.S. GAAP.b. Consult with technical accounting function as necessary.c. Monitor period-end cutoff procedures for revenue recognition.
6. Manageotheractivities and special projects.
a. Participate in the change management of processes and procedures as required by the implementation of Oracle.b. Assist in completion of internal audits, balance sheet reviews and internal controls testing.c. Participate in implementation of new accounting standards.d. Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.e. Complete other special projects as assigned.
• 7 to 10 years of experience that encompass a variety of accounting activities, including 2 to 4 years of supervisory experience. Experience in a large multi-national corporation is preferred.• Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Advanced degree and/or Certified Public Accountant preferred.• Demonstrated leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise staff and interact will all levels of management. Ability to initiate, prioritize and plan work of self and others to achieve deadlines.• Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP with ability to apply accounting principles in myriad of financial activities. • Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.• Strong understanding of integrated financial systems, process flows and internal controls.• Demonstrated desire and ability to improve accounting processes.• Ability to perform the above mentioned essential job functions.