The Finance division is home to crew and leaders who drive sustainable value across the global enterprise. Our high caliber professionals serve as trusted and influential strategic partners to business leaders across the organization in the areas of financial modeling, fiscal responsibility, product development and administration, risks and controls, real estate and facilities management, and enterprise supply management. Internal to the Finance division, high caliber professionals in our Finance Transformation group lead the division to future state operating models through leadership of large scale global transformations.
Our strong focus on value creation across the enterprise is equaled by our unwavering commitment to creating a culture and environment that maximizes the impact and potential of crew, and develops future generations of leaders in the organization.
Vanguard’s Finance division is a talent destination for exceptionalfinancial professionals looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard’s most trusted voices. The Finance Division is currently seeking a Finance Director to providefinancialsupport to Vanguard’s most complex business areas.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and develop staff by providing guidance, training, and motivation necessary to develop staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates, and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and provides regular and ongoing feedback.
- Develops analytic methodologies for evaluating, quantifying and forecasting business unit assets, revenues, and expenses based on business drivers and employs scenario modeling methodologies to explain the impact of strategies or changes in the business environment.
- Develops knowledge of the assigned business area(s) and their strategies, and utilizes this knowledge to propose and develop analyses that increase the financial understanding of the business, business segment, client, product and/or relevant activity.
- Develops and/or provides guidance to developers of financial models that assist business units in both tactical and strategic planning.
- Is influential across departmental lines and structures.
- Attends appropriate client pricing meetings, develops client pricing models and makes recommendations regarding client pricing.
- Manages and validates the work of others.
- Develops and/or ensures the development of business case analyses for key investment initiatives.
- Disseminates timely and accurate financial information to allow for efficient use and effective control over financial resources of a business unit, project, service etc.
- Leads and administers an effective supplier management process for the business.
- Ensures division level accounting and applicable regulatory functions are managed with excellence.
- Participates and/or leads in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Undergraduatedegree or equivalent combination of training and experience. MBA and/or Professional Certification preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in financial analysis and decision support along with proficiency and/or aptitude in other areas of financial management like accounting, regulatory, procurement, supplier relationship management and risk/control.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a high volume/fast paced environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of broad financial concepts including accounting, finance, procurement, risk and economics as appropriate.
- Experience in situations requiring diplomacy and negotiation.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills/presentation skills.
- Excellent Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, presentation software and three dimensional databases.
- Ability to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately.
- Knowledgeable in current and future policies, trends and information affecting Vanguard’s business.
- Track record of strong people leadership.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.