Eaton has an opening for a Finance Director for our Transportation, Military & Aerospace Division (TAM). Reporting directly to the Vice President & General Manager, TAM Division, this person will provide strategic, analytical, and tactical leadership and support for the division. Working directly with the VP/GM, as well as Business and Plant Controllers, this person will work to maximize profitable growth, and conform to corporate financial policies, legal requirements and GAAP. The position manages all financial aspects for the division, including monthly financialreporting, financial forecasts and plans, strategic financial plans, financial decision modeling and analysis, financial policies and procedures. This person will also provide advice and counsel to the division leadership team and finance function. This position reports functionally to the Vice President – Finance, Controls and Protection Division (CPD).
- Support the division VP/GM and leadership team with the financial and operational analysis, and partner with Director of Sales and Marketing in achieving pricing objectives.
- Assure the existence and competency of financial systems and procedures to comply with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley requirements, and corporate policies and procedures to guarantee the integrity of financialreporting.
- Drive financial process and systems improvements to insure the integrity of financial results and to improve efficiencies.
- Provide guidance and support in the consolidation, reporting and analysis of monthly results and forecasts, including appropriate commentary to the Division, Group, Sector and Corporate leadership teams. Highlight areas of concern and recommend improvement actions.
- Perform special analyses to support strategic business decision making. This can include financial analysis in support of strategic initiatives, capital investments, changing business models, acquisition activity, make vs. buy analysis, pricing models, etc.
- Recommend, review and provide input to Corporate and Sector on changes to Financial Policies and Procedures. Lead the development of TAM specific policies where required.
- Lead the division profit planning process to orchestrate the efforts of the business and plants planning teams to develop a solid plan with all required presentation materials for Group and Sector review. Support the preparation of the Strategic Planfinancials.
- Interface actively with the business and plant finance leaders, division, group, sector and corporate finance teams (tax, audit, treasury, etc), CPD and TAM Senior Leadership Team.
- Leads the monthly operating reviews with the TAM and CPD Senior Leadership Team and Electrical Sector Leadership. Prepare the quarterly fluctuation analysis for E&Y.
- Work with Corporate Treasury to drive improvements to TAM currency and commodity hedging results.
- Provide leadership to the TAM finance organization in recruiting and developing top talent. Coach and mentor high potentials within the organization.
- Evaluates capital appropriation request and works with the businesses and plants to ensure documents meet all Corporate requirements and clearly articulate capital requirements and associated benefits to the organization.
- 10+ years broad financialexperience within manufacturing organizations. Proven managerial capability
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to operate across, and influence within, a complex matrixed global organizational structure
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
- Pronouncements of external regulatory bodies, such as Financial Accounting Standards Board, SEC, IRS, IASB, etc.
- International experience across financial disciplines, i.e., tax strategies, transfer pricing, currency hedging, statutory reporting, legal entity implications, etc.
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operations analyses/reports.
- Broad general business knowledge.
- Working knowledge of financial and ERP systems.
- General knowledge of all functional areas of the Group, Sector and Corporate organizations.
- Working knowledge of sourcing and manufacturing practices followed by Operations personnel.
An undergraduatedegree from an accredited institution is required. An MBA or advanced degree in a related field is highly desired.
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits.
The position will be located at Eaton’s Tualatin, OR facility.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 045277