Community Services Agency (CSA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation in Northern Nevada "working to improve lives and communities" since 1965. CSA?s largest program is its Head Start program which provides comprehensive child development services in the area of Early Childhood Education. Other programs include Weatherization, Workforce Development, Tax Preparation and other economic development activities
CSA is seeking an experienced Finance Director whose exceptional finance and business administration skills will ensure the continued success for the organization. This position, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, will bring well-rounded finance and accounting skills to the organization, direct the fiscal functions of the Agency, act as a collaborative partner to organizational leaders and provide valuable support as an individual contributor. This is an excellent opportunity for a strategic, analytical thinker with strong relationship-management skills to join an innovative, results-driven organization.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement and evaluate the Agency's fiscal function and performance;
- Evaluate the finance and accounting departmental structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth;
- Directly supervise the Controller and the overall Finance Department to include overseeing the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of staff while providing effective mentoring, coaching and team-building;
- Identify resource needs of the Agency and related entities to facilitate and recommend internal and external options to the CEO, Board of Directors and program managers; provide financial management and operations guidance to all levels of Agency management;
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financialreports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO and Board of Directors and management in performing their duties;
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new strategies, property acquisition and regulatory action; provide strategic financial input and leadership on future endeavors;
- Manage the Agency's accounting functions, including accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, financialreporting, budgeting cash flow analysis, auditing, taxreporting and procurement;
- Oversee the development, tracking and reporting of grants, funding and government programs, grant budgets and contract billing processes;
- Consult with other departments and technicians on computer system development, installation, repairs and maintenance, as well as software, office equipment, phone systems, HVAC equipment, security systems and facilities;
- Maintain Agency compliance, optimize the handling of band and deposit relationships, and act as primary contact on insurance matters, investments, banking and security systems for the Agency;
- Participate in weekly Agency management team and leadership meetings and attends Board meetings.
- CPA with a Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, fiscal management, or a related field plus seven years of increasingly responsible management experience that includes five years of experience in the administration of complex financial departments or projects in private or nonprofit organizations and five years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with nonprofit fund accounting systems and knowledge of applicable OMB circulars;
- Previous experience in nonprofit management and experience with nonprofit accounting software preferred;
- Knowledge and/or experienceworking with Low Income Tax credits and/or Affordable Housing Projects preferred;
- Must have valid driver's license and maintain it through the course of employment; current driving record from the DMV must be provided annually;
- Must have an insured vehicle, present proof of insurance, and maintain proof of insurance throughout the course of employment;
- Must successfully pass a State of Nevada criminal background and credit check.
Community Services Agency offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and 401(k) with substantial employer contribution
- Generous Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holidays
Community Services Agency is an AA, EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.