As a key member of the management team, the Finance Director will report to the CEO and assume an important role in the overall management, growth, and strategic direction of this mid-sized manufacturer of large industrial forgings and fasteners. The Finance Director will have primary day-to day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for all accounting, finance and IT departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monthly preparation and oversight of financials.
- Responsibility for all accounting and book-keeping functions
- Analysis and approval of major capital expenditures
- Cash flow management and strategies
- Maintenance and improvement of internal financial controls
- Proactively manage and collaboratewith outside tax professionals in preparation of tax returns.
- Management of outside audit and auditors
- Develop the financial and tax strategies of the company
- Accurate and timely presentation of financial statements
- Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly, and annual and YTD financial performance reports
- Interview, select, engage and manage outside consultants and advisors where necessary
- Recruit, interview, and hire finance, accounting, IT personnel as needed.
- Evaluate current business processes and make recommendations to increase work productivity
- Ensure the effective use of the company?s ERP system to ensure accuracy of financialreports
- Implement policies, procedures, and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership
Functions Supervised ?All accounting, finance and IT departments
- BachelorDegree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA preferred
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations
- 5+ years of experience in a senior finance management role in the manufacturing sector
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing cost accounting is required
- Experiencewith Epicor is a plus
- Auditing experience also a plus
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to independently complete complex and challenging financial assignments on a timely basis