We are looking for an experienced and analytical Finance Director with strong numerical skills to drive our organization’s financial operations and improve financial performance. As a key member of the senior leadership team, you will lead our small local accounting team to provide support for all functional groups within the business. This is a fantastic hands-on opportunity for a qualified Financial Director to play a critical role in the next phase of our company’s growth.
- Develop all necessary policies and procedures and implement them in a practical and reasonable way to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company’s business operations.
- Provide regular and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis to support the delivery of the company strategy, including but not limited to the monthly consolidated P&L, balance sheet, headcount, cash flow, inventory, revenue and margin analysis by product, region and segment.
- Proactively drive and own the annual budgeting process in close coordination with the business leadership team and the corporate finance department. Monitor our performance against plan throughout the year and provide regular forecast updates based on input from each department.
- Staff, manage and develop the local accounting team, to ensure we have the right skills and capabilities in the group to deliver the financial needs of the business.
- Partner with business functions (i.e. sales, marketing, operations, R&D) to provide financial guidance on a wide range of projects, new product developments and continuous improvement efforts.
- Maintain awareness of accounting standards as well as regulatory and statutory requirements that apply to the business at any point in time to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, as determined through regular audits (both internal and external).
Successful candidates will have:
- A formal accounting qualification, and at least 3 years of experience in a financial leadership role; proven ability to understand and manage finance in a technical manufacturing environment
- Understanding of accounting under IFRS and familiarity with US and international accounting fundamentals
- Strong computer skills, with expert proficiency in excel as well as strong numeracy and analytical capability
- Hands on approach, with the ability to interface with colleagues across different departments, regions and business units in a way that builds positive, productive professional relationships