The Finance Director will report directly into the agency’s President and Chief Operating Officer and will be responsible for maintaining and promoting the overall financial health of this bustling creative agency. This person will oversee all agency-wide financial systems and will help in developing and streamlining all fiscal protocols.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Corporate Budgeting & Financial Planning
- Lead the preparation of monthly financial statements and overall Agency Corporate Budget
- Lead financial planning activities
- Collaborate with staff to prepare Administration budgets.
- Proactively gather information to forecast and get buy-in on corporate expense budgets – including but not limited to Marketing, Sales, Culture and agency Infrastructure.
- Forecasting project revenue on a monthly and quarterly basis with collaboration of Production and Account teams
Reporting and Leadership
- Participate in Leadership Team decision making.
- Supporting the initiatives of the business by providing both proactive and reactive financial insight, analysis and perspective.
- Collaborating with Pineapple Co staff accountant on reporting to parent company
- Meet frequently with agency leadership to assess financial performance of the company
- Participate in preparation and decision regarding salaries, and expense budgets.
- Assist President in preparation of ad-hocreporting
- Performing Revenue and Expense variance analysis on a monthly basis
Project & Client Finance Management
- Intervening as needed with client to resolve issues relating to the financial health of a project while also maintaining client agency relationship
- Communicating and collaborating with Finance Manager, Production, and Account Teams to ensure timely billing and collections of outstanding A/R
- Assisting in presenting and rationalizing fees/rates to client procurement and/or marketing
- Leading revenue % completion documents on a monthly basis and maintaining accurate revenue pipeline
Staff Management & Operations
- Developing systems to streamline fiscal operations.
- Working with department leads and new business department to develop fee staff plans and review SOW documents
- Identify and help implement cost saving improvements.
- Working with Production and Account teams to review and approve project budgets: ensuring resource allocation and profitability
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing accurate financial analysis in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Have significant agency financeexperience.
- Be familiar with systems of fiscal responsibility and management.
- Be able to think creatively about a variety of challenges and apply their organizational and managerial skills accordingly.
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- 7-10+ years of experience with financial planning and financial statement preparation required.