Finance Director, West Zone, US Market
From NYC the Finance Director of the US West Zone will be responsible for US businesses in the west zone within the Mercer scope. If you enjoy having the visibility and autonomy to impact change then this is the career opportunity for you.
The Market Finance Director will be primarily responsible for providing management information and business advice to the business on a day-to-day basis while supporting the business leadership teams. The Finance Director will provide strategic financial advice to support the achievement of overall business objectives of the Mercer US West Zone market. This individual will also ensure that information and advice is delivered timely and accurately, company policies and procedures are followed and that communication between finance and the business is strong.
- Manage the forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning activities for the market as well as for the respective groups within the market.
- Provide financial planning, reporting and analytics support to business partners and regional finance colleagues to help achieve business and financial objectives while ensuring that the vision aligns with the firm's overall objectives.
- Evaluate reasonableness of forecast.
- Evaluate business opportunities and assist in the analysis, strategy and planning of investments, mergers and acquisitions, business combinations and divestments as required.
- Build partnerships with LOB leaders, geography leaders and with finance colleagues; credible, proactive and service focused with emphasis on providing value add support and advice.
- Assist in the support of sales reporting and analytics, includes sales target modeling and pipeline analytics.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are met to the highest standard while maintaining an effective control environment.
- Partner with Finance, Controllers and Corporate IT to actively participate in regional or global projects and analyses; work to achieve globally/regionally consistent approach to financial analytics and processes.
- Streamline financial activities and procedures to improve efficiency and reduce duplication across the geographies and LOBs. Communicate, support and participate in the creation and implementation of new regional/global financial initiatives.
- Exhibit the skills and experience to execute people management responsibilities including:
- Assigning, directing and evaluating work
- Conducting performance evaluations, progressive counseling and career development discussions
- Ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Ability to build relationships with business leaders; influence and advise on key decisions.
- Results-focused, analytical approach with a strong customer / client service
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to engage, manage, and influence team members and senior stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and break down complex issues and resolve in a simplistic manner using available resources, information, knowledge of business
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneous in an ever changing and fast paced environment with variable timelines
- Proven people manager with ability to influence staff with or without direct reporting responsibility
- Act with integrity and have confidence in outlining risks to achieving financial commitments
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries.
Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. , visit
Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. about our company, please visit us at: We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and
perspectives of our colleagues and clients. , please visit us at: .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.