Requisition Number: SS-14682
Area of Interest: Real Estate
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
About the Role
You will be part of the Lease Administration team responsible for handling all Lease related issues, budgeting/forecasting all Rental obligations, performing month-end functions, and creating/updating procedures/SOPs, processes, SOX compliance controls/narratives. You will work closely with the Property Accounting Department to ensure proper guidance of GAAP and the new lease accounting rules, ASC 842.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
* Oversee staff for Budget, Forecast, Month-End, and all financial/accounting related matters.
* Manage the month, quarter and year-end closes to ensure that all JEs and reconciliations are appropriately performed, with all reconciling items addressed in a timely manner.
* Manage the Budget/Forecast process and analyze any variances between actual and projected costs.
* Responsible for updating procedures/processes and certifying/updating SOX controls/narratives.
* Input/Review all lease accounting information into our Real Estate Database, Tango, to properly calculate all Real Estate ASC 842 accounting schedules.
* Provide supporting documentation (accounting schedules, lease copies, payment support, and other documentation) to external Auditors and SEC team.
* Research all topics/questions raised by Corporate Accounting, Finance or other business teams.
* Manage the % Rent process, including updating the % Rent Master List, calculating/reviewing Sales Reports provided to Landlords, calculating/reviewing % Rent Payments, and handle all Alternative Rent obligations/payments.
* In the near future, assist with implementation of adding all % Rent obligations to Tango.
* Coordinate on-site Sales Audits with Landlords, compile all necessary documentation prior to the sales audits, and review all audit results once completed.
* Review Leases for pertinent financial information to properly account for upcoming Rental obligations.
* Managing and inspiring a team of associates.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because...
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience. CPA a plus.
* Minimum 5-6 years accounting and/or Real Estate. Lease Accounting experience a plus.
* Minimum 5 years Management experience.
* Strong systems aptitude (Lawson Financial, Hyperion Essbase, Oracle and/or Tango a plus).
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel
* Ability to communicate both verbally and through written mediums in a clear and concise manner.
* Proven ability to effectively interact with multiple teams and various levels of Sr. Management
* Self-starter, eager, problem solver, creative thinker, adaptable, strong analytical skills
* Requires a very organized and detail oriented individual with ability to juggle multiple tasks
* Excellent customer service skills and willingness to partner with other team members
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and décor industry. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision--to enhance our customers' quality of life at home--extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
* A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
* A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
* Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
* Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
* Tax-free commuter benefits
* A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
* In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt and AcademyX
* Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
* Quarterly sample sales
* A business casual work environment
* A bike share program
* Time off to volunteer
* Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
* Company-sponsored walks and runs
* Healthy, organic options in the cafeteria and an awesome salad bar
* Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.