TRC is a national engineering, consulting, and construction management firm that provides integrated engineering, consulting and construction management services to the Environmental, Power, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure markets. Through organic growth and acquisitions, the company has achieved a compounded annual growth rate of 20% of the past 5 years. To handle growth activity as well as the continuous evaluation and improvement of systems and processes, the company is looking to hire additional senior financial leadership.
TRC is seeking someone that brings a very proactive orientation and is willing to roll up his/her sleeves. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an industry leading business led by a highly motivated and dynamic CEO with strong support from a private equity firm.
This high visibility position will interface with the Sector President and Chief operating officer, as well as the Corporate CFO, FP&A and Controller. This role provides leadership for the Sector P&L in terms of strategic, forward-thinking financialsupport, controls, decision support, and the operational know-how to achieve the business performance targets.
The Finance Director will act as an advisor to senior management of a $300 million sector, in providing leadership to achieving financial results. In this role, he/she will maintain the integrity of reported information, synthesizing that information into a strategic asset, and supportforecasting with a high level of predictability
. You will communicate key information and advice relative to financial matters and financial planning necessary to effectively deliver services. The role requires you to build and lead a partnership between the Business Unit and the Corporate Finance team.
- Oversee fiscal period and quarterly financialreporting, analysis, and forecasting for the defined Business Unit
- Provide management team with insightful decision support and drive executive level ad hoc financial analysis as required.
- Establish and maintain strong business controls; drive increased visibility into risk areas.
- Review and monitor the projects financial performance results including project profitability, project cash flow, project risk profile to ensure the health and wealth situation of the project result.
- Work with Project Managers to balance budgets and manage cost forecasts.
- Work with Project Managers on management of change issues on projects.
- Direct the process for the bottoms-up development of the specific business unit annual expense budget, resource planning analysis, and rolling forecast updates.
- Support initiatives for sales, revenue and income goals for the Business Unit and assist Sector leadership in achieving stated targets and standards for financial performance
- Make recommendations as changes occur in business drivers, reporting requirements, and organization structures. Understand the implications on the overall company business model.
- Exhibit a fine balance of controls, strategy, planning and metric management.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly Board and other presentations.
- Identify and track multiplier, profitability, and other financial trends.
- Direct the overall process for the bottoms-up development of the specific business unit annual expense budget, resource planning analysis, and rolling forecast updates.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; MBA preferred.
- Progressive financeexperience leading corporate planning initiatives across organizations with both business unit and geography-based structures.
- Management experience.
- Strong budgeting, forecasting, and analysis experiencerequired, with previous FP&A leadership experience.
- Must understand the process of extracting data from source platforms to data warehouse to end-user reporting tool to create value-added reports and dashboards.
- Familiarity with enterprise planning software, including design and on-going efficiency enhancements.
- Experience serving in a key finance leadership position for a fast-growing company, preferably in the A/E/C industry.
- Experience in driving the strategic, financial analysis and evaluation of potential M&A activity highly desirable.
- Strong collaboration and team building skills, especially with the finance organization and business unit leaders.
- Experience as a strategic thinker, can effectively translate strategies into financial plans.
- Has a proactive and constructive style of engagement with business leaders to earn credibility as a finance partner who adds value and helps drive business results.
- Broad business acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional initiatives.
- A self-directed leader able to adapt quickly to changes in priorities.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Roll-up-the-sleeves attitude and a hands-on approach.
- Travel 10% of time.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled