The Healthcare Consultancy Group (HCG) is a Global Leader in the provision of scientific strategy and medical communications services for pharmaceutical and biotech companies. The HCG Finance Team provides world class support services to the several entities and 350+ employees that comprise the group. If you are driven, work with high self-expectations, have exceptional communication skills and are inherently orientated towards a customer service mentality, than you may be a candidate to join the Team.
We are looking for a Finance Director, responsible for all financial aspects of project/client finance for his/her assigned book of business. This spans forecasting the company’s revenue projections to the profitability of individual projects to the day to day financial management of them in close partnership with our Account Services staff. The Director must be exceptionally proactive and talented at fostering collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for running monthly finance meetings with account teams – reviewing status of engagements, contract/PO status, preventing compliance issues
- Oversee the production and submission of client invoices and supporting documentation. Ensure billings in accordance with client contractual terms
- Oversee the preparation of and approve Monthly client financialreports and project reconciliations
- Analysis of project/client cash position
- Proactively working with teams to ensure projects are delivered on budget and scope changes are approved with client.
- Analysis of project fees and out of pockets, remediation of any projected budget variances
- Ownership over project profitability. Assessing profitability of his/her assigned book of business and taking the steps necessary to improve it.
- Approve project estimates. Work with Account Team to ensure estimates are complete, accurate
- Ability to analyze processes and design and implement improvements.
- Escalate any internal team inefficiency that is impacting project profitability and proactively seek resolution
- Various levels of client interaction required. Specifically –
- Involvement in all financial conversations with client regarding estimate feedback and negotiation,
- Discussion with client regarding scope changes and securing revised signed estimates prior to performing incremental work,
- Leading monthly calls with clients regarding the financial status of all projects.
- Responding to client inquiries regarding pricing, invoices, reconciliations
- Follow up on all outstanding purchase orders, signed estimates, contracts
- Follow up on past due invoices
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred. Finance/Accountingdegreepreferred but not required.
- Minimum 3 years’ of client financeexperience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Solomon/Dynamics (preferably).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to follow projects efficiently through completion.
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-pace environment.
- Must possess sound judgment skills, must be self-motivated and able to work independently.