The Finance Business Partner, Director is responsible for providing finance leadership support and services to the assigned Credit Unions business units. This role will act as a business partner to their business unit, senior leaders and management on all Finance related activities as well as leading the financial analysis of strategic and tactical plans for assigned areas. The Finance Business Partner will provide targeted strategic insights to leaders, playing a key role in business planning, solutions and strategy in support of achieving business unit objectives and goals. Working with the business unit or leaders, the Finance Business Partner supports the development of strategic recommendations based on a broad analysis of operational performance, industry dynamics, macro-economic trends and the competitor landscape.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business area(s)’ business model, key business drivers and unique challenges in order to provide expert level strategic advice.
- Provide insightful and actionable financial analysis and reporting, including key trends, metrics and business drivers to inform business performance and decision making in support of achieving business strategic objectives.
- Provide tactical and strategic consultation to business leaders in assigned areas regarding improved business performance, recommending and initiating change to ensure key business and financial targets are delivered.
- Leverage financial models, metrics and tools to create a common language and approach around financial planning, performance and expense management, building capability among key business staff as the work is being completed.
- Lead and act as a key contributor in the development of the annual financial strategic plan and interim forecast updates, supporting achievement of Plan.
- Manage the application of GAAP to business activities, ensuring leaders have considered the changing regulatory landscape while developing and implementing goals and strategy.
- Act as the primary point of contact for senior leaders and management on Finance programs, projects and solutions.
- Stay current on best practices in financial management, business trends, technologies and best practices.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent work or education experiencerequired. Master’s degree in Business preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a finance business partner, analyst or related role in a financial institution required.
- Excellent analytical ability and skills in business and financial analysisrequired.
- Certification as CPA or CFA preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required to effectively communicate complex financial concepts, as well as relationship building, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Excellent facilitation, mentorship, and coaching skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in project management preferred.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Moderate travelrequired.