The Manager, Financial Assurance will lead the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance effort for the Company (including the successful execution of the annual SOX assessment plan). Manage internal audit projects where assigned. Candidate will be responsible for the oversight of financialreporting and operational internal controls. Conduct ongoing reviews of the organizations internal controls, documentation of controls and monitoring compliance.
Manage the assessment of the annual (SOX) program, planning and scoping of controls, determination of overall rankings of internal controls over financialreporting, identification of control gaps, including development and agreement of key SOX controls with management, internal audit and external auditors.
Maintain documentation and testing results.
Key liaison between internal audit and external audit to regulate document flow and ensure timely completion of request lists and all phases of the SOX program.
Create and maintain updated risk and control process flow charts and narratives for Caesars Entertainment and affiliates. Ensure documentation (including control descriptions, narratives and flow charts) adhere to SOX framework.
Perform annual walk-through of all SOX processes.
Work with business owners to advise, assess and document key controls over financialreporting and monitor their timely implementation.
Analyze and document SOX related issues including root cause analysis, level of significance assessment for deficiencies, managing remediation plans and ensuring effective and timely completion.
Review Service Organization Controls (SOC) and prepare relevant User Control Consideration (UCC) Mappings.
Assist business owners locally and at affiliates with the development and documentation of appropriate internal controls.
Participate in system based projects with potential SOX impact, including assessing and documenting appropriate internal controls as well as user access controls.
Manage and document entity level controls of the organization.
Monitor the Regulations of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) related to internal controls, and adopt new frameworks as appropriate.
Provide updates to the Senior Manager, SOXInternal Audit and the Director of SOXInternal Audit on a regular basis.
QUALIFICATION / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to identify, document and evaluate key financial and business control processes.
- Able to develop strategies and steps to obtain and evaluate testing samples.
- Ability to comprehend the relationship between different control procedures and objectives, including information technology general computer controls, and the impact of each on overall control process.
- Ability to manage a group of professionals and provide direction on control issues and solutions.
- Knowledge of casino business and accounting practices, gaming and hospitality operations, and PC applications.
- Manager must be a CIA and/or CPA with a minimum of five years of experience in public accounting or equivalent supervising a group of professionals in an audit, Sarbanes-Oxley, business process improvement or financialreporting environment.
- Must be eligible for licensing in various gaming jurisdictions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or related discipline.