The Financial Services Director has the opportunity to lead a team of Financial Service professionals to create an exceptional experience for Customers. This role is responsible for selecting, training, coaching, developing and retaining the very best team, while driving a high-level of performance among the Financial Services team to achieve targeted profit margins and product sales to drive Customer loyalty.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Leading yourself and the team in a way that supports AutoNation's Vision and Mission
- Setting a clear vision and goals for the Financial Services team to achieve targeted performance
- Engaging and motivating the team to achieve key goals, performance expectations and AutoNation best practice processes
- Driving the business through a high-level of involvement in the day-to-day operations including support to the Sales team in structuring transactions
- Processing finance transactions including lender approval and ensuring 100% compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations
- Building lender and other vendor relationships; ensuring proper lender mix
- Ensure timely funding of all contracts and control of contracts in transit; obtain resolution of all returned contracts
- Conduct frequent deal audits to ensure compliance
- Ensuring that all administrative processes are handled timely and in compliance with Company policy
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty
How will I know if I am successful?
The performance of a Financial Services Director is measured by achieving:
- Targeted profit and product sales goals
- Targeted contracts-in-transit goals
- Compliance with all federal and state law
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
- Targeted Associate retention
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years of automotive financial services experience
- Proven leadership ability to mentor and train others
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Proven ability to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and desire to work with technology
- Valid in-state driver's license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
- Valid Financial Services licenses as required by state
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development after success in a Financial Services Manager role. Opportunities may include:
- Financial Services Director
- Sales Management
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.