Our Finance Department is committed to facilitating the achievement of the Company’s objectives by providing exceptional financial and administrative expertise and service to our clients.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Finance & Contract Manager to support the Division of Data Science & Surveys & Enabling Technologies
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work alongside project managers/directors in the division in support of managing the financial and contractual elements of the project(s).
- Able to communicate several levels up within the organization and within the client’s organization with respect to the following tasks. Including but not limited to:
Financial Management & Reporting:
- Build appropriate work breakdown structure to comply with client requirements and allow for accurate time charging and financial projections
- Develop budgets for project teams that align to contractual requirements, proposal and project WBS; Work with PM/PD to adjust as appropriate
- Reviewing, validating and reporting project actual costs incurred for labor, expense and travel
- Working with Project Team to collect bottoms up financial forecast/Estimate to complete and entering into Project Financial Management Tool
- Reviewing trends to assess accuracy of the financial forecast and working with project team to remediate any issues
- Responsible for accuracy in financialreporting for revenue and profitability to VP Finance
- Conduct financialrisk analysis considering contract type, subcontracts/materials, staffing, and other measures as appropriate. Reportfinancialrisks to the business up to PM/PD and VP Finance
- Comply with company, client, local and other legal requirements and regulations
- Define and develop specific financial/contract management procedures if appropriate; inform and train project employees and contractors on procedures
- Track the progress of any activity with financial implications such as milestones with progress payments or ties to fee
- Preparing and managing project specific deliverables related to financial or contractual requirements (such as invoicing, supporting back-up data, limitation of funds communications, etc.)
- Responsible for accuracy of financialreporting to client and Division.
- Liaise with client counterpart when requested by project manager/director with questions specific to financials
- Review and analyze division level financial metrics such as accuracy of forecast/plan, division budget, billability of staff, suspense/sub account management, Accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Work with procurement team to review vendor and consultant agreements to validate funding and contract type are appropriate based on prime contract including subcontracts and materials purchases
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy, validate vendor/subcontractor spending is in alignment with forecasts/as expected
New Business Capture:
- Support division’s new business proposals by helping to substantiate basis of estimates in support of level of effort developed by team. Reviewing price by labor category to ensure profitability targets can be met. Review revenue projections for realism based on complexity of staffing, subcontracted and purchased elements.
- Works closely with Contracts to review and approve new contracts for execution. Involved in client negotiations related to contract type, pricing, and other terms and conditions.
- Level-load work assignments and ensure productivity of staff, maintaining compliance with project and company policies and procedures; Manage and develop staff
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Document project specific needs that fall outside the general FCM role
- Develop and monitor administrative, procurement and logistics systems, oversee adherence to policies and processes and ensure standardization; ensure effective measurement of timing and contractual agreements; track all orders and expenses
- BA/BS with 10years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.