When it comes to evaluating a Mergers and Acquisitions opportunity, the M&A Finance team plays a critical role in providing the tool kit for making sound business decisions. Working in close partnership with Legal, Corporate Development and People Operations, this team provides the financial analysis, forecasting and modeling to help decision-makers assess the strengths and risks involved in a given acquisition opportunity. As part of this team, you not only have strong finance and accounting background, but you can harness this knowledge to navigate complex financial issues to find creative solutions. You're willing to dive deep into the details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture.The name Google came from \"googol,\" a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in public accounting and/or private industry
- Experience with Mergers and Acquisitions
- CPA or CFA certification, or equivalent qualification
- Ability to comfortably interact with and influence executives both internally and externally
- Effective project management skills, including demonstrated ability to think full cycle, manage long-term projects, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated planning, analytical and communication skills
- Determine applicable accounting guidance and develop technical accounting documents to describe all aspects of executed agreements. - Partner with Business teams, Corporate Development, other Mergers and Acquisitions, Finance, Accounting, and Tax teams to evaluate and execute Mergers and Acquisitions acquisitions and investments. - Manage all financial aspects of acquisitions. - Partner with the Controllership team to determine operational accounting appropriate general ledger entries and consolidation structures. - Contribute to a people development agenda, including promoting financial/technical skills building, setting forward-thinking objectives, learning Google's industries in-depth, and providing opportunities and coaching on effective business partnering.