Our Cost Analyst plays a critical role ensuring our mobile health screening units are operating efficiently. This role will perform variance analysis between actual and standard costs to assist management in decision making or other financial initiatives. Will also be responsible for productivity analysis, preparation and analysis of inventories, profit estimates, cost audits, and other reports / special studies relating to the costing area with focus on continuous process improvement, productivity growth, and cost control.
The Cost Analyst position will also compare monthly actuals to the project budget(s), identifying all variances. This position will be responsible for evaluating and assessing the variances, identifying trends and burn rates to be presented to project leadership.
- Responsible for generating the cost control strategy for our mobile health screening units
- Provide leadership in identifying and implementing process improvements to create additional controls/efficiencies over accounting and reporting processes.
- Performing and reporting physical and cost progress of the project including commitments, actual expenditure, and forecast against the appropriation budget which will be reported using the site standard cost report.
- Providing the monthly forecasting to the capital projects administrator on a monthly basis.
- Verifying invoices against the purchase order terms and conditions, proof of material receipt, attached relevant documentation, progress, or other payment conditions.
- Maintaining the change management log and noting all changes as well as evaluating the change’s effect on the project’s cost (TIC) and schedule.
- Conducting monthly project accruals.
- Facilitate and participate in estimate reviews, cost meetings and schedule meetings for assigned projects.
- Track and report project KPIs and benchmarking requirements.
- Prepare various Special Cost Requests as directed by management.
- Maintain up-to-date information to develop the most accurate cost projections.
- Assist in development of new or added mfg. costs by using research and analysis where necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
BS/BA Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 5-7 years of Cost experience – Must have experience in forecasting and tracking cost
- Extensive background in cost reporting and analysis, financial modeling, and cost accounting
- Have experience in negotiating contracts for a business entity the size of HealthFair
- Advanced Excel proficiency.
- Proven analytical, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and process improvement skills.
- Proven ability to work well independently under demanding deadlines and function effectively in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, dynamic, growing company
Supervisory Responsibility: No supervisory responsibilities.
Travel Requirements:: No travelrequired.
Work Conditions: General office environment.