Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
- Compile and analyze financial information and data in a concise format for members of the finance team and other business leaders
- Act as a key business partner, interfacing regularly with: Sales, Program Managers, Business Planning, General Accounting Office, and other Finance personnel
- Perform detailed analysis, interpret results, and then implement measures to stay within budget or on plan
- Identify and understand risks and opportunities to plan through financial reviews
- Provide input and analyze income and balance sheet statements, statements of cash flows and other reports
- Collect data and allocate costs, ensuring established procedures are followed.
- Process various transactions supporting fiscal month close
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting/Finance and minimum 6 years of prior relevant finance analysis experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related finance analysis experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong organizational and computer skills (Microsoft Suite) - Advanced or proficient in Excel
- Ability to adapt in a flexible work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter that works well in a team environment
- Thorough understanding of revenue recognition
- Relevant experience in: financial planning and analysis, general accounting, revenue & cost forecasts and budget management
- Adaptable, quick to learn, focus on efficiency and delivering information quickly
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to concisely translate to management the key financial issues/impact
- Ability to implement new initiatives, build consensus and use personal leadership to enable change
- Ability to identify and execute process improvement opportunities
- PeopleSoft Financial experience, Oracle EBS experience
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: CS20182609-27662