Our client is a mid-sized 3PL division focused on non-asset-based transportation management with strength in intermodal services. It seeks to hire a Regional Operations Manager (ROM) of Final Mile Services. This is a leadership role with responsibility for multiple Final Mile service facilities from conceptual design through implementation.
The client requires candidates to have prior work experience and demonstrated expertise in the design and operation of Final Mile services for a shipper, carrier or 3PL. It is a highly visible role that is both operational and customer-facing. This is a recent and growing service offering with a key customer, initiating a major roll-out across multiple sites. Therefore, the new Regional Operations Manager should be prepared to join a dynamic environment and take ownership of project implementation. The Regional Operations Manager of Final Mile Services is a virtual role, requiring regular nationwide travel and does NOT require relocation to the home office.
- Develop and lead the Last Mile service line and strategy.
- Lead the design and implementation of Final Mile operations and enabling technology.
- Manage an initial team of fleet supervisors and implementation managers (expanding).
- Jump into an initiated client implementation project to provide leadership.
- Oversee the general management of on-going Final Mile operations.
- Define and achieve key financial performance and customer delivery quality metrics.
- Plan for network capacity for Final Mile services and develop carrier capacity.
- Develop carrier relationships and lead service contracting.
- Develop strong and positive relationships with customer's key stakeholders involved in service delivery.
- Direct and manage operations personnel at customer and client sites.
- Train and develop personnel and plan for organizational growth.
- Create clear, concise status reports to senior client stakeholders on operations and improvement projects.
- Create and deliver clear, concise updates on Final Mile Services to client's executive management.
- Travel regularly to support site development, service implementation and personnel management.
- Minimum of 7 years of Operations experience in a Dedicated or Last Mile delivery operations.
- Experienced general manager with P&L responsibility and roll-out implementation responsibilities.
- Expertise in cross-dock setup, equipment leasing, and carrier recruitment.
- Strong Engineering and Continuous Improvement experience with demonstrated track record of problem solving.
- Experience in dedicated/ Last Mile business development, solution design, proposal and project planning.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-market TMS for Last Mile services.
- Ability to assess network capacity for Final Mile services and develop carrier capacity.
- Strong organization and project management skills with demonstrated success in rolling out Last Mile operations.
- Experience in leading carrier development and service contracting.
- Success in creating strong and positive relationships with customer's key stakeholders involved in service delivery.
- Ability to select, hire, train and supervise Last Mile operations and implementation personnel.
- Self-starter capable of working independently and making decisions with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentations skills with the capability to create a positive team environment, where free sharing of ideas is encouraged.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Logistics or equivalent work experience.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.