Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Performs set up and modification of file transfers for internal and external customers. Coordinates with various internal teams including Network and Security to ensure accurate results. Troubleshoots transmissions issues as required and escalates as necessary. Monitors, tracks and maintains file transfer servers and related applications. Performs task scheduling, data replication, and clean-up procedures. Works with customers, vendors and other personnel to ensure data travels through channels and processes efficiently.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews assigned file transmission requests and configures a standard file transmission solution. Partners with lines of business to select transfer methods tailored to meet business requirements. Securely exchanges data, following corporate and industry standards to minimize risks of unauthorized access, theft, or manipulations of data.
- Verifies completion of automated file transfers. Creates and maintains file transfer documentation. Troubleshoots and corrects problems with existing automation and procedures.
- Supports and maintains the file transfer environment and migrates in-bound and out-bound processes under the standard data delivery methodology. Works with other team members in support of workload automation software (Control-M), File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
- Supports Operations with all vendor service level agreements (SLAs). Assists in the maintenance of system databases for all in-bound and out-bound file transfers and adds critical processing jobs, dependencies, and requirements.
- Ensures scheduling activities are thoroughly documented and have the necessary control to eliminate possible intrusion and vulnerabilities that could impact the system or processing.
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively identifies solutions. Seeks support from more experienced personnel as required.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum RequirementsPreferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of networking and communications.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) experience
Additional InformationMinimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field.
Minimum Experience: Six years in an IT operations or production support environment troubleshooting the availability of applications, systems, networks, and servers OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of various communication protocols such as SFTP, FTPS, FTP, HTTP, Connect Direct, and FSA.
- Knowledge and understanding of Sterling Integrator/Gentra, Mailboxes, Certificates, Pub Keys, Adaptors, Clients, Business Process.
- Good understanding of database concepts.
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products.