Designs and develops computer programs and monitors the work of junior staff to ensure accuracy of program logic and efficient use of computer resources; performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software; conducts system studies, analyzes and evaluates existing manual and computerized systems / procedures to improve efficiency, develops techniques for automating processes as appropriate; conducts Rough Order of Magnitude on application enhancements; determines the need for system security, backup/recovery, data conversion, etc. and makes recommendations; manages system development projects and supports the implementation activities and training, as required; works with business and responds to Production Support issues as necessary.
Essential Job Functions
- Codes instructions for computer programs/objects/components; configures packaged software; tests and implements all changes to ensure they meet specifications.
- Documents and implements programs according to installation standards and conventions.
- Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation.
- Responds to Production Support issues.
- Works with business as required.
- Analyzes programs to ensure that they efficiently use computer and storage resources; recommends appropriate changes as necessary.
- Conducts preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls; recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
- Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling.
- Conducts system studies, analyzes existing computerized and manual processes to improve efficiency; researches and develops techniques for automation, as approved.
- Monitors the work of junior staff to ensure efficiency, and compliance with specification.
- Designs and develops documentation of proposed procedures and systems.
- Performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software.
- Manages and controls system development projects.
- Supports implementation/training activities; troubleshoots system environmental issues, as required.
Physical Actions Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Physical Environment Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Education Requirements Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
Experience Requirements Primary: This candidate should have strong development skills with specific experience on IBM FileNet products: most specifically Content Navigator and Case Manager at a minimum and other FileNet experience/knowledge (ie: P8 infrastructure/architecture) would be a strong asset with any FileNet P8 certifications being a bonus. The candidate should be proficient with the following:
- Core Java/J2EE (JDBC/Servlets)
- Web Services (REST, SOAP)
- IBM Rational Developer Suite (RAD)
- Unit Testing Frameworks (Junit/TestNG)
- DB2 SQL
Secondary: Experience working on Cloud based deployments and expertise on other ECM platforms such as Datacap, KoFax, Captiva, IBM Content Manager, Documentum, Box.com, AWS (Amazon) are preferable. Experience with the following would also be an asset.
- IBM ClearCase
- Agile software development