$150K — $200K *
Description:Who We Are:
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
Located in beautiful Sacheon, South Korea, our KF-X team supports our customer as the country pushes forward in developing their first domestically built advanced multirole fighter for the Republic of Korea Air Force. Join a vision 30 years in the making for our customer, Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI), to successfully develop an aerospace industry in Korea.
The plan is for KF-X to be an indigenous, highly advanced fighter aircraft. With the KF-X airframe structure recently completed, help us finish what we started and see your work take flight as in-country engineering advisor for KF-X Electrical Power System (EPS) development and testing.
b>Why Lockheed Martin:
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics we value your unique skills and expertise and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our team’s favorite perks include:
• The promotion of Work Life Balance
• A competitive 401k match and bonus
• Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
• Long term stability
• A receptive and inclusive culture focused on career development with tuition assistance and mentoring opportunities
• As an extra benefit, upon selection, the candidate will receive details of the long-term benefits package associated with this international assignment.
Soon this airframe will become an airplane, and with your help, it will fly. As a Technical Advisor embedded into our customer’s engineering team, your extensive knowledge of Electrical Power System Integration onto a fighter jet will play a critical role in helping our Korean customer achieve their vision.
Deploying from your current location, this opportunity allows you to partner intimately with our team and customer as you provide critical technical advice, training, support, and development through the appropriate application of analysis and integration to achieve an optimal design solution.
A Day in the Life:
Joining our KF-X team, you will be embraced by a welcoming Korean people and become a part of an intimate group of production and engineering professionals all working together to make this amazing new fighter reach it’s potential. Beyond that, you will experience living in a beautiful country known for its amazingly safe environment, family-oriented culture, great education at a local international foreign school, and high-tech lifestyle.
As an expert in your field, you will be relied on for your knowledge of electrical power systems as you coordinate, schedule, and advice the KF-X team engineers with everything from Electrical System LRU qualification testing, Electrical System Rig testing, to overall Electrical System Ground and Flight Testing.
Proactively assessing and resolving issues, you will partner and act as a trusted point of contact with the entire supporting organization. On any given day, you may also:
• Provide full life-cycle electrical power systems technical support and training hardware
• Use your hardware experience with integration test rigs, aircraft ground test, airworthiness certification, system checkout procedures, and flight test support for all EPS elements
• Oversee electrical systems LRU qualifications, rig, ground, and flight tests
• Review for Airworthiness Certification and electrical system requirements verification
• Mentor, Train, and Lead a diverse team of Engineers to meet customer goals
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Minimum 9 years of Fighter aircraft experience
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and/or university
• An expert in aircraft Electrical Power Systems qualification, Integration Testing, Ground Testing, and Flight Testing and trouble-shooting complex air vehicle electrical systems
• Deep technical expertise with the aircraft electric power characteristics spec Mil-Std-704 or equivalent, aircraft electric load & power source capacity spec Mil-E-7016 or equivalent, 115Vac and 28Vdc aircraft power system testing, and lab and aircraft testing procedure development
• Experience with successfully mentoring and training other engineers
• Experience with Fighter Aircraft or Military/Government Programs
• US Citizenship
• Open to relocating to Korea with the ability to obtain a Korean VISA
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• 10+ years testing Electrical Systems
• Advanced knowledge of aircraft Power and Subsystems Controllers
• Experience with Fighter Jet EPS Integration
• Experience with wiring integration, power distribution, and part selection
• Knowledge of Export Control Compliance and working with International customers
• candidates should have a passport that will remain valid for at least one year
Valid through: 12/24/2020
$150K — $200K
12 days ago