Fieldglass encourages an open door policy and a collaborative office environment. Team members across all departments can easily meet together in any of our open office layouts. Those with an entrepreneurial and can-do attitude keep Fieldglass at the top of its industry. Traditional perks include casual dress, generous paid time off, charitable activities, stocked kitchens, great healthcare coverage and more!
We are currently seeking a Software Architect in Product Development who will play an essential role in a major technology transformation being undertaken by Fieldglass. The work location can be in Chicago, Naperville, or remote.
- Champion best practices on software engineering throughout the organization.
- Drive exemplar proofs-of-concept or pilots that leverage our technology and establish the path for other similar projects.
- Work with other architects around business, data, systems, and security needs on how applications best participate in the overall enterprise architecture.
- Create the design specifications for development from approved business cases.
- Performs impact analyses of new features or changes to existing features within the Fieldglass application
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and application through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution.
- Analyze and translate functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications.
- Establish standards around development technology stacks, including languages, containers, frameworks, libraries, and design patterns.
- Develop, document, and present recommendation proposals, including selection criteria, evaluation, analysis of options, tradeoffs, justifications, and final selections.
We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer or Information Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related course of study.
- 3+ years of development, testing, and deployment experience in a Java environment.
- Hands-on experience with various integration protocol such as SOAP, RESTful web services. Knowledge about micro-service is desired.
- Working knowledge of one or more of thesetechnologies ispreferred:
Java, J2EE technologies, JSP, Struts, AJAX, JQuery, HTML, CSS and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Familiarity with one or more of thesetechnologies is a plus, though notrequired:
SAPUI5/Fiori, SAP HANA and OData.
- Ability to create detailed analysis and designs of minor components.
Requisition ID: 137990