COCC delivers complete enterprise processing solutions to financial institutions throughout the northeastern United States. Listed among American Banker's FinTech 100 and the Inc. 5,000 fastest growing companies in the nation, COCC inspires the industry with innovation and top quality support.
Designated as a Top Workplace in Connecticut, COCC recognizes employees as the core of our success! COCC offers a progressive training program to support employees in personal and professional development.
We are looking to hire a customer facing Field Windows Engineer to provide industry standard support and implementation for customer networks in COCC’s Cloud Services Department.
This role encompasses VMware, Windows System Administration, Network Engineering and end user support in a Professional Services context. You will be responsible for implementing, automating, troubleshooting and supporting issues related to VMware Horizon View, Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, TCP/IP, DHCP / DNS and other technologies.
You will provide 1st and 2nd level End User Computing (EUC) support, including networking and application installations and support for our customers
- Support of banks PCs, servers and networks – Virtual and Physical
- Network consulting and support at client sites.
- Installation and support client VDI systems, and COCC core applications
- Installation and support standard PC based applications as well as industry specific applications.
- Developing and maintaining technical proficiency.
- Installation/Upgrading/Troubleshooting Servers, workstations, printers, applications, switches/hubs and all related peripherals
- Performing preventative maintenance and help manage security for servers, workstations, printers, applications, switches/hubs and all related peripherals
- Project planning for banks’ networks
- Planning and documenting upgrades and security of servers, workstations, printers, applications, switches/hubs and all related peripherals
- Diagraming and documenting existing servers, workstations, printers, applications, switches/hubs and all related peripherals
- Miscellaneous work and other projects as needed
Strong customer service and professional client facing skills.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in professional services and/or a financial organization
- Microsoft Certifications (MCITP, MCSE, CCNA, and VCP) are a strong plus and some will be required within a year of joining COCC
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management both verbally and in writing.
- Self-sufficient and the capacity to work alone or with a team and adhere tight project deadlines with little supervision.
- Understanding of COCC core applications
Travel required is equal to 100%
Required Technical Skills:
- Prior experience with VDI deployment utilizing Horizon View
- Design and implementation of Desktop / VDI Image & template management.
- System migrations and ability to operate and maintain Microsoft Networks
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Subnetting, Routing and SMTP concepts
- Ability to operate, install, configure and maintain the following:
- VMware Horizon View
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 - 2016
- Microsoft Windows Desktop 7 and above
- Active Directory
- Standard Windows applications
- Ability to navigate VMware vSphere
Preferred Technical Skills:
Candidates should also have working knowledge in the following:
- Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 On-Premise and O365
- VMware Horizon View - App Volumes and Thin App virtualization environment
- CommVault or similar Enterprise backup solution
- IGEL UMS or similar
- Dell EqualLogic or similar
- CCNA level experience with a focus on Storage Networking.
- VCP-Desktop and Mobility Certification