Support product and system level testing of I-ETMS and the PTC system in the UP Railroad production network and lab environments. Lab testing will require the use of windows-based simulators and automated test tools. Field production testing will require the use of windows-based monitoring tools and adherence to a test plan with both customers and government regulators present during testing.
We are looking for contract employees.
- Participate in requirements, design and functional specification reviews at varying levels within the system
- Writing of field test plans and test procedures to perform lab based testing and field integration testing
- Writing manual and automated test scripts with the aid of test tools and simulators
- Testing hardware and software against the system requirements and interface specification requirements
- Understanding of UP Railroad operations, processes and procedures
- Working closely with the internal and external teams in identifying problems
- Document identified problems with enough detail and in a manner that supports resolution
- Produce periodic status and operational reports
- Make independent technical contributions in-support of program objectives, as well as interacting with other Wabtec or contract engineers, customers and the FRA.
- Associated degree in Electronics Engineering or computer engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years test engineering experience with hands on experience testing/debugging software
- 2+ years of experience in the Railroad operations or environment preferred
- Experience preparing test design documents, test plans, or test procedures
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux
- High degree of attention to detail with a clear focus on quality
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely
- Self-driven, quick learner, results-oriented and a clear focus on high quality
- 75-80% Travel required.