Job Overview: Field Test Engineers test pre-production mobile devices for voice quality, call performance, data performance, battery performance, E911 performance and video performance under live network conditions in major metropolitan areas in the US. This is an outdoor, field test position and devices are tested at both stationary locations and specific drive routes using Spirent testing tools. Field Engineers spend 75% of their test time inside a company owned vehicle. The position requires up to 50% domestic travel. This position is based out of Frederick, MD.Job Responsibilities:
- Perform wireless device field testing per established test plans: Voice Quality, Call Performance, Data Performance, Battery Performance, E911 Performance and Video Performance.
- Troubleshoot device related and tool issues on site as required.
- Monitor the real-time performance of the testing, ensuring data collected is accurate and the test runs smoothly.
- Review test results for accuracy and quality.
- Collect logs using diagnostic tools such as QXDM when needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the company vehicle.
- Must be able to follow complex test procedures in various formats.
- Associatedegree in Engineering fields related to Telecommunications, Electronics, Computer Science or equivalent experience; B.S. in Engineering, Telecommunications, Electronics, Computer Science or equivalent experiencepreferred.
- Experience with wireless device field testing and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of GSM, UMTS/WCDMA, CDMA and LTE.
- Experience with different mobile operating systems such as Android and iOS.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with Spirent's testing tools preferred.
- Experience with QXDM preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a field service role in an engineering environment is required; 1 to 2 years of experience in a wireless device testing role is preferred.