Provide engineering support to Program Executive Office for Enterprise Information Systems (PEO-EIS). Support will include technical support for OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-NET) and Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) program offices. Positions are located OCONUS in Bahrain and Naples; and also CONUS.
- Ensure successful replacement of identified routers, switches, and other network devices.
- Ensure operational functionality to the end user at the end of each replacement.
- Provide basic troubleshooting in the event of unsuccessful installation.
- Provide daily status reports on progress.
- Update ad hoc reports, briefs, etc.
- Follow installation and deployment procedures.
- Understanding of Static and Dynamic Routing using OSPF.
- Understanding of Core/Distro/Access Network model.
- Understanding of VPN and tunneling concepts.
- Coordinate with local site representatives to ensure tech refresh daily milestones are met. This includes building/space access, schedules, and device locations.
- Work with team members to ensure daily targets for refresh are met.
Required Education and Experience:
3-10 years’ experience on a large DoD Enterprise Network
Experience working on geographically spread out Campus Networks (Military Base, College, Corporate).
Experience with Cisco IOS Configuration (Interfaces/Ports, User/Printer VLANs, Uplinks/Trunks, IP Addressing)
Experience working with Rack-mounted network hardware (Racking/Stacking/Cabling).
Familiarity with reading, reviewing, and editing installation design plans.
Must be IAT II - (CompTIA Network+ and/or Cisco Network Certifications (CCENTC , CCNA) a plus).
Must have active secret clearance.
Must have a current passport (not expired)
Ability to travel for extend period of time (2-6+ weeks at a time)