The Field Technical Representative (FTR) is the day to day face of Firestone with routine personal contact with contractor/customers, system designers (architects and consultants), and end-user building owners. FTRs answer technical questions from customers and designers considering use of FSBP product lines for their upcoming projects and promote FSBP products during all encounters. FTRs train licensed contractors in the proper installation of FSBP products. FTRs inspect completed roof assemblies to determine if the assembled roof system meets FSBP requirements for warranty coverage. FTRs investigate warranty claims on completed roofs to determine root cause of reported problem and provide corrective action recommendations to the assigned warranty investigator. The multi-functional duties covered by the FTR position can be described first and foremost as those of a Sales Engineer, combined with Trainer, Claims Investigator, and Inspector.
· Responsible for training customers, sales representatives and teammates in how to apply Firestone, GenFlex, and Gaco products per product specifications. Trainings are performed for large and small groups at company facilities, customer's location or job site.
· Perform technical inspections of in-progress or completed roof systems to ensure inspected assembly meets warranty acceptance criteria.
· Generate inspection/investigation reports for every project visited.
· Provide technical installation assistance to professional designers, contractors, consultants, and sales representatives
· Provide input on company literature, spec's, construction details and assemblies to make sure the most accurate information is available for the customer.
· Ability to develop strong customer relationships and inspire customer confidence.
· Assist manufacturing facilities with sample collection when necessary to conduct a product performance survey.
· Ability to follow corporate and division policies and applicable governmental safety regulations are required.
· Efficiently travel to cover assigned duties within a defined geographical territory in a timely manner.
· Maintain accurate records of business spending and travel and submit timely expense reports.
BASE REQUIREMENT (one required)
· Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management,
· Minimum 8 years active duty in a construction trade military occupational specialty (MOS) (verified by DD214),
· High school diploma and minimum of 12 years' construction experience in a Foreman or Superintendent role, or as a Technical Representative for a commercial roofing manufacturer.
· Strong technical expertise in most of the following products and an aptitude to learn the rest:
· Single-Ply Roofing Systems including: A) EPDM, B) TPO, C) PVC
· Asphalt Roofing Systems including: D) SBS, E) APP, F) BUR
· Metal Systems: G) Standing Seam Roofs, H) Cavity Wall Assemblies
· Roofing Coatings including: I) Silicone Roof Coatings, J) Acrylic Roof Coatings
· Urethane Systems including: K) P.U.F. Roofing, L) Wall Foam
· Garden Roofing Systems including: M) Built In Place, N) Modular
· Must be personable and professional and maintain a high-level of integrity.
· Strong customer service focus.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to think outside the box.
· Good organizational and time management skills are a must.
· Must be able to travel overnight 50% to 90% of the work week by air or car.
· Must also be able to work flexible hours with minimum notification when necessary.
· Location of individual should be within 60 minutes of a major airport.
· Must possess a current drivers license with relatively clean driving record.